To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2701 Navistar Drive
Lisle, IL 60532
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Navistar, Inc. • Lisle, IL
Posted 1 month ago
The Navistar Tax Department is seeking a Senior Tax Accountant to join their team! Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare federal, state and international tax returns
- Prepare federal and state tax provisions for financial statement purposes
- Prepare workpapers and responses to support audit requests
- Analyze tax implications of current transactions
- Support audit (internal and external) queries
- Provide support for special projects and ad hoc analyses
- Promote continuous improvement in the department’s processes and practices
- OLM \u2013 Operating Lease Management documentation & computation
- R & D Credits \u2013 documentation and supporting work papers
- Pre-work for Federal & State returns- excel with smart view and HFM retrieves
- General Ledger account analysis and Reconciliations
Interested in joining a financial team that drives success? We are transforming our company, significantly improving our product portfolio and continue to develop our team members. These enhancements helped us achieve our best one-year market share improvement since 2009. We have also entered into an alliance with Volkswagen Truck & Bus, which increases our competitiveness through global purchasing scale and expanded access to cutting-edge products, technology and services. Now we need career minded, team focused, top of the class financial professionals to keep moving our company to the pinnacle of our industry.
Do you have it what it takes? If so \u2013 Think Navistar! It’s Uptime!
Position Purpose and Requirements
Ensures timely and accurate filing of tax returns and payment of taxes. Maintains current knowledge of tax laws. Assists in tax audits and on business transactions as needed. Identifies and implements improvements to policies and processes. Utilizes a variety of programs, including tax compliance software, electronic research and tax accounting software.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year of accounting, finance or tax experience
- Master’s degree
- At least 3 years of accounting, finance or tax experience
- Qualified candidates, excluding current Navistar employees, must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. Navistar does not anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B status)
- Positive Attitude, Ethics and Values which support our company’s values, and a healthy, high performance culture
- Experience working with Checkpoint, Bloomberg , CCH, CorpTax and OTP
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with an efficiency in Excel
- Ability to handle high volumes of work accurately and in a timely manner
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with various managers and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Detail oriented
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- A strong team player and able to work independently to get work completed
- Customer Focus
- Navistar's Positive Attitude
- Problem Solving
- Technical Learning
- Time Management
It's Uptime at International
Visit us at www.Navistar.com to discover more about our organization
Navistar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.