The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation [FDIC] mission is to preserve and promote public confidence in the U.S. financial systems by insuring deposits in banks and thrift institutions for up to $250,000; by identifying, monitoring, and addressing risks to the deposit insurance funds; and by limiting the effect on the account and the financial system when a bank or thrift institution fails. Apex Systems provides the day-to-day operational services to FDIC in support of infrastructure, facilities, hardware, software, and systems. Apex supports operational security, client support/help desk, data center operations, asset management, and systems engineering service areas. The FDIC Engineering team provides support to a plethora of cutting-edge technologies across the IT spectra. It has a state of the art development lab to test new functionality, architectures, and equipment. Engineers are tasked with developing and deploying innovative solutions to meet business requirements - not managing day to day, same technology operations.
Apex Systems is seeking a Help Desk Technical Support Technician for the FDIC infrastructure program. U.S. Citizenship and background investigation is required; you must have a current clean financial background.
Task and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides technical support to users for computer-related technical problems on assigned account(s).
- Provides back-up assistance on other accounts as needed.
- Answers help desk telephones for assigned account(s) and responds to customer inquiries to ensure customer needs are met.
- Assists customers in resolving technical problems on assigned by providing guidance regarding software and hardware problems.
- Resolves and/or refers more complex technical problems through a defined escalation process.
- Follows up with customers to ensure that their inquiries are resolved within the contracted or agreed upon time frame.
- Logs and tracks inquiries using a problem management database and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
- Identifies, evaluates, and prioritizes customer problems and complaints to ensure that inquiries are resolved appropriately.
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
- Microsoft Office
- Customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- High School or equivalent + 3 years experience
It would be great if you also had:
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Microsoft Office
- HDI Certifications (HDI-CSR, HDI-SCA, HDI-DST, HDI-TSP, HDI-PMP) reviewed and may be applied toward years of experience
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178