Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
Position is responsible for the preparation of accurate, complete and timely financial information in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Maintains an effective control environment while insuring compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly responsible for managing the monthly financial close including preparation or review of journal entries and maintaining the closing checklist
- Assist with development of monthly forecasts and annual operating plan
- Prepares and publishes monthly closing schedule
- Works with assistant controller to ensure all closing activities are completed and reviewed per closing schedule
- Responsible for the elimination of intercompany balances and reconciling any monthly out of balance
- Reviews all monthly account reconciliations for completeness and adequacy
- Reviews all internal reports and analysis prior to distribution
- Assists with monthly forecast preparation, reviewing and loading into HFM
- Works with management team to ensure proper controls exist and are documented in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Assists with the adherence and implementation of various Hubbell accounting policies and procedures
- Involvement in special projects as deemed necessary for workflow and/or development
- Must be willing to travel approximately 10% to other Hubbell locations
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university
- 7+ years of accounting experience and/or training
- A combination of experience from Public Accounting and Corporate Accounting is preferred.
- Must be familiar with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404.
Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communications skills.
Computer Skills: Must have strong Microsoft Office, e-mail and other PC application skills.
Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully;
Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management: Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.