Wishing you could have an ownership stake in the company you are working for? Founded in 1898, Burns & McDonnell is an award-winning engineering, architectural, construction environmental and consulting services firm. We are a 100% employee-owned company, with regional and project offices nationwide. Burns & McDonnell plans, designs, constructs and manages projects all over the world with one mission in mind -- to make our clients successful.
Burns & McDonnell has an exciting opportunity in our Transmission and Distribution Group for an Underground Transmission Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
* Providing technical leadership for underground transmission design teams on projects ranging from 69kV to 500kV
* Mentoring, coaching, and developing team members
* Independently executing design work with engineering judgment
* Performing quality reviews
* Identify and communicate changes to project scope to engineering lead and project manager
* Providing input and adhering to project schedules
* Understanding project budget
* Identifying and communicating of technical risks associated with projects
* Identifying, developing, and communicating processes and tools to increase efficiency across team and department
* Creating, improving, facilitating and teaching training courses to the project team and department
* Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will be able to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients and improve the performance of project teams.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering from accredited program.
* 3 years related transmission line design experience (completion of master's degree in related field may be substituted for one year of experience).
* Engineer-in-training license (EIT). Ability to effectively work on project teams.
* Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Proficiency with CymCap, SKM Cable Pull 3D, or Pull Planner.
* Consulting or utility experience preferred.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Electrical Wirings
- Financial Management