Job Description Summary
The Senior Productivity Leader will be accountable for Avionics-level cost out supporting the Systems-level operating rhythm. The role will facilitate ideation sessions across all productivity categories - material cost productivity, cost conversion productivity, direct labor productivity, deflation, capacity creation & cost avoidance. The Senior Productivity Leader will chair the Avionics Cost Board which includes the Avionics Business Leader, Avionics Finance Leader & Avionics Engineering Leader making strategic decisions regarding project funding.
The Senior Productivity Leader, with the support of cross-functional cost out focals, will be expected to define the Avionics productivity vision and strategy to deliver this vision. The role will be expected to lead productivity efforts across multiple projects, ensuring that priority and resource is applied correctly. The Senior Productivity Leader will drive success and deliver productivity by ensuring the consistent implementation of governance, standard processes, templates, tools and controlling the agreed operating rhythm.
* Define an Avionics-level cost out vision and strategy to deliver
* Chair the Avionics Cost Board reviews, ensuring visibility of the cost out pipeline and status of project execution
* Identify common areas across projects requiring strategic cost out outlook
* Proactively work to unblock obstacles for cost out projects and discuss and resolve help needed with Avionics Cost Board
* Ensure effective & timely decision-making concerning cost related activities
* Manage the cost out project pipeline for Avionics
* Ensure all active projects are appropriately captured in the Systems-level tracking tool
* Work with cross-functional cost out focals to facilitate ideation sessions
* Deliver & own cost out training
* Present the Avionics cost out status at the quarterly Systems-level productivity meetings
* Capture and implement cost related lessons learned and ensure cross pollination in other areas of the business
* Work with finance to gain agreement on cost out saving for projects
* Drive continuous improvements and lead Kaizen activities to improve cost out processes
* Coach, mentor and energize cross-functional cost out focals regarding productivity activities
* Collaborate with Systems Productivity Leader, Productivity Leaders in other Systems businesses and Cost Board to standardize cost estimation, productivity measurement system across each productivity pillar
* Drive project funding strategies across cost out initiatives
* Educate team on productivity and define roles & responsibilities to ensure team understands productivity expectations
Qualifications / Requirements
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in a lean, manufacturing, program or project management position
* This role may require use of technical data subject to US Government contract restrictions and this posting is only for US Citizens. GE will require proof of status.
* PMP Certification
* Experience in the Aviation and/or Aerospace industr
* Demonstrated ability to motivate others and achieve results
* Customer-focused in defining quality and establishing priorities
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Excellent communication, facilitation, and stakeholder management skills
* A self-starting change agent with strong credibility and influence in the organization
* Strong presentation skills
* Experience in application of Lean to reduce waste
* Understanding of the process needed to develop business cases
* Data analysis skills and clear thinker
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Aerospace Industries
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Coaching And Mentoring