ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton is a faith inspired non-profit organization, mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about services to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, IT, Finance, Marketing, and Nursing. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs. Catholic Charities is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at : www.catholiccharitiestrenton.org.
JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of a House Manager, Assistant House Manager, Program Supervisor or Program Director, the residential counselor serves as a member of the Residential Program staff providing support and instruction to the residents of the assigned residential site.
- Provides support services, including but not limited to daily living skills, life skill development, supportive residential counseling, transportation, etc. as needed by each resident.
- Support and assist residents in weekly program schedules and outside activities.
- Maintains the security and safety of the residents and the facility.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the Individual Recovery Plan for each resident.
- Communicate, in written & verbal form, assessments & observations of consumers to other treatment team members.
- Supervise and monitor residents in self-medication. (n/a for TRP, Mercer Residential)
- Maintains accurate/current client documentation according to accrediting standards.
SUPERVISORY REQUIREMENTS: N/A
Any of the following:
High school diploma/GED) + four years of related work or life experience (experience related to job duties must be clearly documented);LPN license + two years of related work or life experience;Combination of one or more years of college + related work or life experience together equaling four years;RN license;Bachelors degree from accredited college/university + one year of related work or life experience;Bachelors degree from accredited college/university, in mental health, health or other appropriate human services related discipline.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS NEEDED: Valid driver’s license is required.
MANDATED PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS:
Behavioral Health Services Completion of comprehensive competency based training program for individuals providing adult mental health residential services required. Certification of CPI/CPR/First Aid, issued by a certified trainer within 90 days of employment. Completion of essential learning online training.
Licensed Practical Nurse
Registered Nurse Certified