OHLA USA merges global expertise and a 100+ year legacy with the latest innovations and a strong regional footprint to deliver complex and challenging infrastructure and vertical construction projects. The company has more than 2,000 engineering and construction professionals from coast to coast and specializes in heavy civil construction and modernization of critical infrastructure projects, including highways, bridges, rail and mass transit systems, tunnels, and water resources. Through its vertical construction affiliate, OHLA USA provides construction management and pre-construction services to build and renovate healthcare, educational, and assisted living facilities in addition to many other important cultural, institutional, and commercial spaces.
OHLA USA is a division of international construction company, Obrascón Huarte Lain, S.A. (OHLA Group), headquartered in Madrid, Spain. The company's U.S. operations are headquartered in New York City with regional office locations in California, Texas, Florida, and Illinois. In 2021, OHLA USA secured many noteworthy and important contracts totaling $1.2 billion. Our portfolio of current and new contracts will continue to advance our growth as we continue to strive for excellence.
Extraordinary construction projects demand exceptional talent. OHLA USA brings together the construction industry's best and brightest who thrive in a collaborative work environment and who relish challenge and opportunity. We are currently seeking a Project Engineer to join our Purple Line Transit Project in Riverdale, Maryland.
The Project Engineer is responsible for providing technical engineering and project control support on our heavy civil and transportation construction projects. This role works closely with the Project Manager to implement policies and procedures required for project success. The PE is expected to maintain a good knowledge of the contract specifications, documents and the scope of work, including subcontracts and purchase orders and to assist in development of project status reports and profit projections.
* Works closely with Project Managers, Superintendents, Foreman and Crews on Project Deliverables.
* Process/manage material deliveries - ensure that materials received are properly inspected for quantity and quality and are in compliance with contract documents.
* Manage and negotiate subcontractor and material contracts.
* Assist in developing and updating the project schedule.
* Coordinate and schedule shop drawings and submittals.
* Maintain a complete and current record of submittals, approvals and resubmittals, including a file of letters of transmittal and dates of each transaction.
* High level of involvement in the operations of our cost control system and analysis of construction costs.
* Participate in monthly forecasting revenue and cost accruals.
* Accumulate all necessary data and prepare monthly pay estimates.
* Process and estimate change orders and requests for information as directed by the Project Manager.
* Follows OHLA USA policies and procedures, including safety policies.
* Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field.
* Heavy Civil Construction background with 5 - 8 year's field experience.
* Must be safety oriented - 10-hour and 30-hour OSHA certificates are preferred.
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
* Ability to function as a team builder/player.
* The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments.
* Previous local agency experience a plus.
* Previous transit project experience strongly preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will require ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; Employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud noise.
OHLA USA and its affiliates are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
OHLA USA and its subsidiaries ("OHLA") shall not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to OHLA or an employee of OHLA, by mail, electronically, or otherwise will be considered OHLA property. OHLA will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. OHLA will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. OHLA Human Resources is the only authorized representative of OHLA to execute any agreements with search firms or staffing agencies. As a condition for payment, a Vendor shall have OHLA USA Inc.'s Personnel Agreement and a Job Order signed by an authorized OHLA HR representative. Verbal or written communications from any employee of OHLA and its subsidiaries shall not be considered binding obligations. All resumes whether unsolicited or solicited shall be the property of OHLA.
- Construction Management
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Human Resources