Butler is known for consistently exceeding customer expectations. Our top 20 customers have averaged more than 20 years of service by Butler, which is a testament to our quality and high standards. We are well positioned to take advantage of industry growth and to leverage our domain expertise.
Our mission is:
To be a highly respected solutions provider by capitalizing on our domain expertise and entrusting our Employees to deliver exceptional value for our Customers and Stakeholders.
Our client is one of the top ten exchange carriers in the U.S. We have a requirement for:
Please respond with resumes in word format to Janita at URL blocked - click to apply for immediate consideration.
Job Title: Buyer I
Location: Aston, PA
Duration: 6+ months contract
Responsible for reviewing overall workload in both the buying and expediting process to ensure that materials are purchased from approved suppliers in a timely manner~ at the best competitive price for quantity~ quality~ and delivery requirements in compliance with company standards. Responsible for attaining a comprehensive knowledge of the suppliers' capabilities and overall workload as well as developing a working relationship between the supplier and company that assures on time delivery of materials to meet production requirements.
- Procurement Expeditor
- Expedite the material needed for production.
- Update Purchase Orders with the current delivery information.
- Maintain all information that pertains to a purchase order
- Call for bids (RFQ) and Create Purchase Orders
- Develop and Prepare reports
- Analyze open order reports
- Maintains database integrity by purging old and outdated orders
- Collaborates effectively with Planning, Production, Quality, Warehouse and department
- staff as needed
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with vendor accounts through open and
- interactive communication
- Follow procedures, guidelines and policies.
- Analyze open orders, M3 ERP messages and update with current delivery information.
- Expedite assigned suppliers to ensure materials are received on time.
- Attend Planning and Production Meetings and provide accurate information on delivery schedules.
- Return non-conforming material to suppliers and expedite rework/ replacement materials to meet production requirements.
- Work with Quality and Engineering Department on deviation requests.
- Coordinate with Quality Department to receive supplier corrective actions on-time.
- Issue Monthly Supplier Scorecards.
- Work with Purchasing Team and M3 ERP Team on Purchasing Master Data Management
- Request pricing quotes to support new parts and annual standards update for price books.
- Assist in performing all other Purchasing Department requirements as directed by the Vice President of Supply Chain.
Education or Basic Knowledge Required
- 2-year college preferred; high school graduate or equivalency required. Ability to read drawings and purchase machine parts or fabrications from engineering drawings.
- 2 years buying experience plus 2 –5 years expediting experience in a purchasing environment. Experience with MRP-ERP Systems preferably Infor M3.
Complexity of Duties
- Sound judgment, good planning and. initiative required. Material purchases involve machined and fabricated items along with standard and catalog items. A high degree off creativity and innovation is required to properly purchase and expedite this material.
Responsibility for Errors
- Fully responsible for thoroughness, accuracy and suitability of all purchases as well as expediting assigned suppliers. Failure to execute this responsibility properly can aversely affect the profitability of the company as well as the company’s reputation with its customer and vendor base. Work is generally unsupervised and performed under general established guidelines with problem situations brought to the attention of the Purchasing Manager for guidance and disposition.
Responsibility for Relationships With Others
- Execution of responsibility is attained only through effectively dealing with other purchasing personnel and a wide variety of suppliers and vendors.
Type of Supervision
- No direct supervisory responsibility. Position may provide direction to clerical personnel and assist production and shipping personnel.
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Buyer, ERP, Production, Purchasing
Material Requirements Planning