Ag Processing Inc is seeking a motivated supervisor trainee to learn how to oversee plant workers and ensure that daily production and equipment maintenance requirements are met. This person will be trained to become responsible for employee safety, customer service and high levels of product quality. Our ideal candidate will be eager to develop his or her leadership skills and would want to learn our business and its processes.
• Supervise and train biodiesel production employees through scheduling, monitoring and assisting as needed. Learn how to take a lead role in locomotive and rail safety training.
• Monitor equipment and facility for proper operation by reviewing logs, reports and inspections.
• Assist with production and maintenance as needed including loading, unloading and maintenance work.
• Lead by example - no task is worth completing if conducted in an unsafe manner.
• Supervise daily production to meet the 1st time every time quality parameters.
• Assist with inventory control as needed, including measuring and sampling.
• Enforce and follow company policies and procedures.
• Review and write reports.
• Attend company meetings.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Professional Development with Career Progression
• Learn biodiesel production principles and practices.
• Learn and utilize employee assessment and development principles and practices.
• Learn OSHA and EPA regulatory compliance requirements and AGP's utilization and adherence to them.
• Learn and utilize quality control requirements to include approval of suppliers of raw materials and processing aids, shipping approval requirements, ASTM methods and limits, food safety requirements, quality system procedures, etc.
• Learn basic project principles to include: project definition, purpose, and reasoning; bidding practices and contractor selection; developing a schedule of values for return on investment, budgeting and depreciation purposes; project execution and completion.
• Learn and utilize process management principles to include: Process Safety Management; equipment reliability analysis; maintenance requirements; and root cause failure analysis.
• Able to work rotating night and day shifts.
• Leadership skills
• Skill in negotiating, analytical thinking and problem solving.
• Able to organize employee work schedules to ensure timely completion of projects.
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent is preferred. Preferably in an Engineering Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Agricultural, Industrial Technology, or Biosystems Engineering.
• Although not required, supervisory experience is a plus, preferably in a biodiesel facility.
Ag Processing Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Process Management (Business)