CoStar Group is currently seeking a Compensation Manager in our Washington, D.C. office to manage the ongoing design and execution of the company’s global compensation programs. Reporting to the VP, Total Rewards, the Compensation Manager plans, develops and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures to be responsive to the company's goals and competitive practices. The Manager will direct the compensation administrative activities completed by HR Coordinators.
The ideal candidate will have experience in all areas of compensation, including broad-based pay, sales incentives and executive compensation, and demonstrated results in supporting an HR Business Partner organization model. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in growing their career with a company that has doubled in the past 5 years to $1B in revenue and will triple in the next 4 years.
- Partners with business leaders and HRBPs to advise on company’s compensation philosophy, practices, and programs and contribute to organizational change.
- Ensures effective communication/promotion of the company's compensation programs and practices to HR, Finance, management, employees & candidates.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revisions as well as new plans that are cost-effective and consistent with corporate objectives; coordinates implementation.
- Conducts ad-hoc analysis to provide compensation expertise and support to management, recruiting and HR business partners.
- Administers annual merit and bonus awards, including developing/updating global budgets, guidelines, and tools; preparing communication materials; and analyzing and counseling HR business partners and management on recommendations.
- Evaluates jobs, determine salary ranges, and educate management on appropriate job classification, title, and grade. Assist in the development of job profiles, job descriptions and AAP analysis.
- Reviews proposed promotion and adjustment increases and counsel managers on compensation-related challenges.
- Conducts market assessments for development of global base/bonus budgets, guidelines, and programs.
- Participates in annual salary surveys, including preparation and submission of all required data elements.
- Maintains/updates and suggests changes to global salary ranges, job codes, grades, and bonus targets and guidelines; partner with HR business partners, HR Operations and HRIS to ensure accuracy of compensation data in Workday.
- Actively supports team members across HR and looks for opportunities to improve processes, policies, and service levels.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree and 6+ years related experience with history of increasing responsibility in a dynamic environment.
- Minimum 4 years of compensation-related experience including job profile development, job grading, and survey response.
- Strong working knowledge of current compensation practices and trends as well as employment law.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization including executives. Demonstrated ability to resolve issues using active listening, good judgment and problem solving skills. Proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all matters.
- Proactive team member with strong customer service orientation, excellent attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to manage in a matrix environment
- Proven ability to work in a large, fast-paced environment and the ability to prioritize activities and effectively manage time and tasks.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel, and PowerPoint
- Permanent US work authorization
- CCP (Certified Compensation Professional) and/or GRP designation
- Workday HCM experience highly preferred
- Workday Compensation module experience
- Global compensation experience
This is a full-time, exempt position located in the District of Columbia.
- Career advancement through several avenues based on professional goals
- Generous medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- 401k plan with company match and an employee stock purchase plan
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing