To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
- Mark Wysocki
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
2246m-Lead Substation Engineer
MR-MRI of Bonita Springs • Birmingham, AL
Posted 18 days ago
Working in a fast-paced environment and based in our Birmingham, AL Office, the Lead Substation Engineer will provide technical leadership on a variety of substation engineering projects, including physical design and review of electric utility grade T&D substation projects. The successful candidate will work with both in-house and client engineers and designers and provide coordinate and conduct training of lower level engineers.
• Develop project scopes, one-line diagrams, and estimates for substation projects
• Review substation construction drawings such as electrical arrangements, plan and section views, grounding, cable and conduit drawings, Bills of Material, and other project documents and verify compliance with appropriate codes and standards
• Engineer and design lightning protection, grounding, and equipment replacement and repair for substations
• Make necessary changes and corrections to drawings and documentation
• Verify the proper use of equipment and material according to project documentation standards and codes
• Verify that material and equipment are ordered and delivered on time for substation construction
• Travel to project sites for walk downs and gathering information to develop the correct requirements for the projects to scope and develop substations
• Function as a project lead for substation projects
• Lead, facilitate, and coordinate work activities of others within the work group, team, department, or those external to complete substation projects
• Provide training and guidance to lower level employees
• Identify and initiate corrective action when substation project objectives are not being met
• Interpret codes and regulations and develop standards for construction projects
• Promote engineering professionalism and standards
• Develop, recommend, and implement plans by establishing goals, objectives, and requirements that include all scheduling, resources, and cost information for complex engineering design
• Position will require occasional site visits
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, required
• Professional Engineer (PE) License Required
• 10+ years of electric utility industry engineering experience, with prior substation experience, including scoping, estimating, and ordering materials for substations
• Proven performer with demonstrated success completing projects from start to finish
• Advanced knowledge of NESC, ANSI, IEEE, NEC and other applicable codes and standards
• Demonstrated ability to perform design calculations such as battery sizing, AC and DC loads, system component selection, power transformer and circuit breaker selection, circuit protection, control and power cable selection and rating, bus bars, fittings, insulators, ground grid design, and lightning protection
• Advanced understanding of equipment, material, ordering, and bills of material for substation construction
• Strong written and verbal communication and people management skills
• Advanced ability to understand interrelationship between systems and component equipment
• Stay abreast of new products, developments, technologies, procedures, and equipment
• Fundamental knowledge of CAD and industry standard design tools
Global leader in Engineering Services for 35 years with exceptional growth and profitability; providing engineering solutions through a proven, global project execution process for Utility and Large Industrial clients worldwide.
2246m-Lead Substation Engineer
Visit our website for more details www.mriheadhunter.com
This position is being offered through Management Recruiters of Bonita Springs, Inc., who proudly supports Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employment. We are committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Unable to sponsor or transfer H1 visas at this time.
Professional Electrical Engineer licensed PE P.E Electric Utility grade substation design projects physical electrical switchgear transformer Technical Lead BSEE power Option Power Engineer Power Delivery T&D Southern Company Gulf Power NextEra