To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sitka, AK 99835
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
General Manager 4 - Food
Sodexo • Sitka, AK
Posted 2 months ago
Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services, security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U.S. We are proud to serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clients from federal, state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcare institutions, schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the transportation and telecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mind knowing we are committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we bring creativity, technology and experience to every project. Our mission is to provide management and support services at a level of quality, value, safety and expertise beyond our clients' expectations. At NMS, we expect our employees to fulfill that mission in every aspect of their work.
The General Manager of Hospital Food Service is an exciting opportunity for an energetic and motivated manager who is constantly seeking excellence in service standards. This key leadership position is directly responsible for the successful operation of Food Services in a Joint Commission Accredited hospital. The General Manager ensures cost effective management with efficiency, meeting and exceeding expectations. Excellence in patient, client and customer service satisfaction is paramount. Responsible for all foodservice related activities; including patient, retail and catering, quality improvement, sanitation and infection control. The General Manager provides strong leadership to a team whose focus is exceptional service, exceptional quality and driving customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct responsibility for a Joint Commission accredited 27 bed Hospital
- Provides team leadership by ensuring cohesiveness at the unit and with the client.
- Oversees expenditures and controls unit financials.
- Directs daily food service operations in order to provide quality products operations including menu evaluation, planning, purchasing, inventory, receiving, food preparation and storage.
- Maintains and implements sanitary and food safety conditions and training to adhere to auditing procedures and statutory regulations.
- Develops a monthly report for the client that establishes a rapport, promotes partnership and fulfills the client needs and expectations.
- Accountable for the execution of product and service quality by maintaining highest level of delivery.
- Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
- Executes strategic plan by implementing short and long-term goals that align with the scope of services, mission, and values.
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, and motivate.
- Prepares and updates statistical reports to ensure compliance with federal, state, local regulations and NMS/Client policies and procedures.
- Supervises day-today work activities, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards.
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by performing safety audits and inspections, conducting safety related training, and maintaining on-going communications with employees.
- Reviews financial statements to ensure performance is in accordance with business strategic initiatives.
- Maintains kitchen and storage facilities to meet/exceed sanitary conditions.
- Provides direction to employees and independently determines and develops approach to solutions, work is reviewed periodically and ensure objectives have been met.
- Develops and administer budgets, schedules and performance.
- GM has responsibility for selection, orientation and training and development of employees, including initiating personnel actions, such as the hiring and termination of employees. Monitors internal quality assurance and food safety audit process including HACCP record keeping.
- This position is responsible for the supervision of staff.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit's success also may be assigned.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Five years (5) experience as a GM of a foodservice unit for a Joint Commission Accredited hospital of 25 beds or more and have participated in and satisfied the requirements of a Joint Commission survey.
- Municipality of Anchorage Food Handlers Card or ServSafe contingent upon 30 days of hire.
- Daily client and customer contact is required.
- Must be able to review and work with general business reports - sales, budget, labor, cost, etc.
- Must have intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications; Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- A valid Driver's License and an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years to be eligible under NMS' vehicle insurance policy
- Contract requires employees to speak, understand, read and write English
- Bachelor Degree in Food Services Technology/Management or related field; or A.A Degree plus 3 years of directly related experience or Registered Dietitian or Certified Dietary Manager
- Candidates with extensive food service management, knowledge and experience are preferred.
- ServSafe certification preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather: Indoors: environmentally controlled; requires most or all work to be done inside.
Noise level: Moderate
Description of environment: This is an industrial kitchen located in a health care setting.
Physical requirements: Employee is required to lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
Travel: Employee may travel up to 25% to various locations within the U.S. and/or remote locations and may be required to use alternative modes of transportation, including but not limited to snow machines, boats, small airplanes and ATVs. Travel is coordinated by NMS.
NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to convey complex and/or detailed information to multiple individuals/audiences with differing knowledge levels, role may require strong negotiation and influence, communication to large groups or high-level constituents, representation of the organization, advanced tact and diplomacy, etc.
Systematically gather information from a variety of sources, analyze information, identify implications of data, draw appropriate conclusions, generate viable, alternative solutions to a question or problem, and evaluate the consequences of choosing each alternative.
The ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, positive working relationships with clients, supervisors, staff, managers, customers, and vendors.
The willingness and ability to be aware of, understand, respect, and values the diverse cultural, ethnic, gender, age, educational, professional, etc. backgrounds and styles of other and to adapt one's own behavior based on that understanding.
Provide excellent service to external/internal customers and clients. This includes seeking to meet customer needs, expectations, and demands quickly and effectively; remaining calm and professional when dealing with difficult internal or external customers; reviewing complaints from internal/external customers and taking action to remedy the complaint and treating the customer as valuable.
Demonstrate eagerness, enthusiasm, optimism and passion when working.
Work productively and effectively in a fast paced, stressful, demanding, and/or ambiguous work environment. Set priorities, plan, and coordinate work activities including developing plans with long-range horizons based upon a sound knowledge of corporate expectations (policies, budgets, strategic plans). Delegate the authority to complete work activities, giving clear direction as to what needs to be done, and monitoring performance against a predetermined deadline and/or measure of quality to ensure quality and timely completion of assignments.
Motivate and guide others to work hard by building a sense of teamwork and commitment including clearly communication and reinforcing aims and goals of team, unity, cooperation and excellence.
The ability to speak clearly and politely to management, associates, and customers when conveying information, using correct grammar and not slang terms, and targeting the amount, style, and content of the information to the needs of the receiver.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000
To request an accommodation by email, contact us at email@example.com
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Directs all contract services.
- Oversees management/administrative team who are responsible for special functions, cash control and payroll.
- Customer and client satisfaction
- Drives growth
- Financial management
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.