Summarize briefly the major function and purpose of the position.
Under the general direction of the IT (Application) Director, the ServiceNow Programmer/Analyst is responsible for combining business acumen and analytic insight with programming skills to develop, implement and maintain applications and data structures to meet specific requirements on the ServiceNow platform.
ServiceNow Programmer/Analysts will participate in the identification of solutions and create the necessary code/configurations as well as system tests, to ensure these solutions are implemented with quality. Capabilities in advanced design, configuration, testing, and deployment of solutions using current, best practice software engineering methods and ITIL practices is necessary.
ServiceNow Programmer/Analyst is expected to use their analytical skills and computer knowledge to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and computer capabilities to improve business processes. May need to work with the Project Sponsor and other facets of the IT department to ensure the software solution meets business demands.
ServiceNow Programmer/Analysts will be working closely with management to assist in enhancing the development and implementation standards.
2.0 SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITY:
Complies with the company HSEQ Code of Conduct as follows:
2.1 Be aware of and be able to locate the HSEQ Policy, the 14 HSEQ Standards and the Corporate HSEQ Procedures.
2.2 Report all Incidents immediately to your supervisor or HSEQ representative.
2.3 Follow company procedures and work instructions. It is always important to follow the correct processes to protect yourself and the environment. Specific roles and responsibilities are found in the Corporate HSEQ Management System and your local HSEQ Procedures.
2.4 Take responsibility for evaluating and correcting Health, Safety and Environmental risks and conditions while performing your work. If you ever feel the HSE risks have not been appropriately addressed, YOU have the right to STOP WORK IMMEDIATELY and notify your supervisor.
2.5 Know your role in the event of an emergency as site specific emergency response is conducted and drilled.
Indicate budget/revenue responsibility.
No budgetary/revenue responsibilities required for this position.
Explain the degree of supervision/guidance received, procedures/processes used, judgment, creativity, planning & resourcefulness needed to do the job.
ServiceNow Programmer/Analyst should have applicable time management skills to be able to work with minimal supervision. Should exhibit sound judgment when performing daily duties and working with subcontractors; along with being able to evaluate steps required when troubleshooting, both programmatically and analytically.
How are errors detected? What is possible impact of those errors?
Errors are typically detected quickly in testing and reported by users. Must make timely decisions to handle critical situations that could impact productivity as a result of system failures or system issues.
3.0 MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
Identify the major duties and tasks accomplished by this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
In support of the ServiceNow system:
Configuration of functionality within the following ServiceNow modules: Incident, Problem, Change, Request/Request Items in Service Catalog, Demand Management, Projects, Contracts, HR Module (OnBoarding/OffBoarding, Employee and Management Changes), and Asset Management, CMDB, Content Management.
Create and maintain Inbound email actions for different record types
Create and maintain workflows to achieve business requirements
Create and maintain workflows based on values from incoming emails and/or the records in ITSM modules
Create and maintain custom tables and validations
Create and maintain UI pages, UI Macros, Forms, and Notifications preferably with Content Management
Design, configure and maintain REST/SOAP/WSDL/XML (Web Services), HTTP Request Methods
Create staging tables and script to update Incidents from External Systems
Identify value mapping between systems
CMDB architecture, design, implementation and maintenance
Create and maintain CI's and associated rules/logic
Create and maintain Orchestration interfaces especially AD
Collaborate with Infrastructure team to create and maintain MID Servers and LDAP Servers/connections
Create and maintain custom Reports
Experienced member of Agile/SCRUM teams
Document application design, technical documents as well as user documentation
Collaborates with cross department staff and cross-functional team to achieve business requirements
Follows and advocates change management procedures
Develops methods to efficiently reuse existing components where applicable
Must exercise excellent time management, organizational and communication skills both written and verbal
Utilize best practices in all areas where possible
Participates and/or leads the support of information systems following the ITIL methodology as implemented.
Create and maintain integrations using web-services, MID Server
Create and maintain SLM module configurations.
Working Understanding of system logs
Create, update and execute end-to-end System Testing including regression testing (automated and manual).
All other duties as assigned
4.0 RELATIONSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES:
Indicate positions that report directly to this position. Number of direct / indirect reports.
Not a Supervisory position; however, technical leader of team members and/or contractors may be required.
Indicate internal/external contacts and purpose of contacts.
Across all companies:
IT Team – supporting and/or interfaces to IT systems, collaborate ticket resolutions, and server management/access;
HR – supporting and/or interfaces to HRIS based software, databases and configurations;
Finance – supporting and/or interfaces to financial software, databases and configurations;
HSEQ – supporting and/or interfaces to HSEQ software. databases and configurations;
Engineering – supporting and/or interfaces to Engineering software, databases and configurations
Interface with subcontractors as deemed necessary.
5.0 ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS:
What are the minimum qualifications an employee must have in order to perform the duties of the position? (I.e. educational requirements, licenses, certification, work experience, training etc.)
Critical Competencies: Teamwork, Business Orientation, Execution, Continuous Learning, Planning & Organization, Problem Solving, Use of Technology
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS, or other computer related field preferred (or equivalent years of experience)
- Read/write, analyze and interpret business, professional, and technical documents. Effectively present information and respond to questions from stakeholders
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- A solid understanding of REST/SOAP/WSDL/XML (Web Services), HTTP Request Methods
- Experience interfacing to AD and Exchange
- Experience in all of the Major Areas of Responsibility noted above in #3.
- Certificates in ServiceNow Implementation and ServiceNow System Administration
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM methodology as well as Waterfall methodology.
- Experience in end-to-end System Testing including regression testing (automated and manual).
- Excellent hardware and software skills including: server O/S, application connectivity between servers, Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Exchange, Microsoft Office Professional Suite
- Intermediary knowledge of basic server configuration management and associated tools
- Requires good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of personnel
- Must have ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities with interruptions in a fast paced environment
- Must have excellent time management, organizational and communication skills both written and verbal
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle confidential or sensitive information and issues
- Responsible for documenting the development of the program so that others can understand and modify the program, if needed
- Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Provides reference for use of supported applications by writing and maintaining user documentation
Server (Computer Science)
It Service Management