Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Full Stack Developer position will support Spring Boot & React JS Based applications. The position owns optimizing critical applications, infrastructure and operation stability and maintain DevOps best practices. Responsibilities also include production support and cloud automations. Candidate with a strong desire to learn a multitude of technologies and programming languages with a can-do attitude will thrive in this role. The position requires problem-solvers able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative office environment alongside other engineers and developers.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Working knowledge of database SQL / PLSQL
- Monitoring /Alerts / Dashboards Creation – Splunk, Grafana, Kibana, Azure Monitoring
- Triaging production issue by understanding complete architecture and 24X7 support
- CI/CD - Implement and manage via Jenkins (Building Pipeline as a code and Approval Management)
- Manage deployment to Kubernetes, Azure or OpenShift
- Implement Infrastructure as a Code using Terraform
- Maintain and Configure Cloud Resources Preferably Azure
- 24x7 Production Support
- Develops innovative approaches
- Sought out as expert
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Degree in Computer Science, or a related field
- 5+ years of direct work experience as a Full Stack Engineer
- Experience in Spring, Spring boot / Hibernate
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle and COSMOS DB and messaging technology like Kafka
- Experience with DevOps technology will be added advantage. (Jenkins / Kubernetes / Helm / Azure / Maven)
- Knowledge and Exposure of Cloud application development and AI / ML
- Testing tools like Cucumber / JEST and performance testing tools like BluJay / JMeter
- Experience working both independently and, in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Experience working with other tools such as: Docker, OpenShift, Node JS
- Azure certification
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Software Engineer, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home