$47.50 to $55.00 hourly
Robert Half is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to help our client on a temporary to full time basis. This position will be part of an agile development team building and working on defect resolution and feature enhancements to large scale software systems. This position will be involved in all areas of development from design to development to testing. It will provide exposure to working with the various tools, technologies, patterns and practices of implementing and maintaining enterprise software systems.
• Review and understand existing software systems and applications
• Document and present development plans for system improvements or defects as assigned
• Document and present development plans for new applications or application level architectural changes as assigned
• Implement code changes to approved development plans
• Unit test and verify implemented solutions before delivery to QA teams
• Support operation of systems in production
• Ability to use one or more software development languages (examples, C#, Java, HTML, etc.)
• Ability to understand and communicate SDLC principles
• Ability to understand and communicate basic software development concepts (examples, object-oriented design, relational databases, design patterns)
• Ability to understand and communicate common software architectural components, and their deployment and operation (examples, Web Applications, Web Services, Databases, etc.)
• Ability to understand and communicate common concepts of version control systems
• Ability to design and present clear development plans for executing changes to software systems
• Strong communication skills
• Attention to detail, and ability to identify problems
• Ability to work with Business Analysts to understand the requirements of assigned work
• Ability to work with QA Analysts to understand defects reported against assigned work
• Mentor entry level development staff on core competencies and technology skillsets
If you are a good fit, please send your updated resume to chelsea[dot]phillips[at]rht[dot]com.
• Graduate / Post-Graduate Degree preferably in Computer Sciences
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the software industry
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Ability to work in a team environment
Technology Tools and Skillsets
• Microsoft .NET and .NET Core (C#)
• ASP.NET, MVC
• Microsoft SQL Server
• Web Client Frameworks and Package Management (Angular/React/Node.js)
• Web Services, WCF/SOAP, REST
• Source Control, TFVC, Git
• Windows PowerShell
• Windows Server, IIS Hosting Environments
• Cloud Services experience
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at Phone number blocked - click to apply to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half URL blocked - click to apply.
C Sharp (Programming Language)
Software Quality Assurance (Sqa)
Java (Programming Language)
Hyper Text Markup Language (Html)
Windows Communication Foundation