To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Glen Allen, VA 23060
- Vaco - Richmond
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Web Developer
Vaco Technology • Glen Allen, VA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
At Vaco, we help you get the advantage over your competition. We partner with companies to fill their IT recruiting needs. Currently, we have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Web Developer with a leading company. Apply with Vaco, and your recruiter will get to know you and that way promote your strengths and assets directly with the hiring manager. We will help prepare you for your interviews by providing insight and insider company information.
Our recruiters will follow up with you and provide you with access to market trends, compensation expectations, company culture and career growth opportunities that are perfect for you! Find the next step up in your career through Vaco today!
***NO THIRD PARTIES - U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time***
As a Senior Web Developer you will participate in the design, development and delivery of technology-enabled applications, products and services. You will handle the delivery of technical solutions and ensures that the delivered solution meets the business requirements, design requirements and technical specifications. We are also looking for an individual to provide coaching and mentoring to junior developers.
Essential Job Functions:
* Planning and execution: Participates in the conceptual design development, ensuring that the solution is viable and designed appropriately to tackle the business case; provides support for the facilitation and review of estimates, development and deployment plans for all capabilities participating in the release.
* Project process support: Provides/coordinates estimates for the development components required for the solution and handling design efforts across capabilities/systems; provides support to project managers to ensure design/build activities remain within project schedule/budget; acts as a technical advisor to the project manager, QA lead and/or business; facilitate critical issue and resolution of technical issues during the development of the solutions; responsible for vendor work, delivery review and acceptance.
* Communication: Responsible for assessing and communicating status of development activities based on summaries from Solution Engineers, Vendors and other solution participants; facilitate the maintenance and progression of development standards and currency of solution frameworks.
* Designs, documents, codes, and conducts unit tests, and de-bugging of software solutions and components; applies enterprise standards, application patterns and development standard methodologies in solutions development / delivery.
Other requirements of the Developer role include:
• Bachelor's degree
• 7 years of development experience
• Experience developing and debugging software for real-time embedded communication systems (preferably Linux), including kernel and user space application
• Device drivers including PHY PCIe, i2c, Flash, and hardware monitors
• Ethernet and Layer 1-4 networking technologies
• Development tools and processes including revision control and defect tracking
• Experience with C#, ASP.NET, MVC, HTML5, CSS, jQuery and SQL Server 2008