Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Our ideal Tour Guides have a passion for helping people and making their vacation experience a memorable one.
- A Commercial Driver’s license (CDL) is not required - we hire for personality. We will put you through our paid CDL training course and prepare you for the CDL Testing.
- Tour Guides must be able to drive a non-air-conditioned vehicle, on busy public streets in a safe, competent manner while entertaining guests by narrating a scripted sightseeing tour.
- Must be able to board and exit the trolley and assist guests with boarding and exiting the trolley.
- Must pass annual Motor Vehicle Reports (MVR) checks as required by the Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Ability to learn and memorize scripted tours and routes as assigned.
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English in order to communicate with fellow employees, the general public, law enforcement and emergency personnel.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and tolerate a wide range of temperatures and weather conditions
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must pass a DOT physical upon employment.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with an acceptable and verifiable driving record of at least three years.
Successful candidate must undergo a drug test and a background search
*Gratuity information based off of annualized historic tips received by conductors working at Old Town Trolley Tours of St Augustine.
**Calculated with employee participating in voluntary wellness program.
Key Words: CDL, Commercial Driver’s License, Tour Guide, Guide, History, Historian, Docent, Guest Service, Storytelling, Reenactor, Fun and Entertainment.
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://HistoricToursofAmerica.appone.com