To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Naples, FL 34101
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Installation and Repair Technician – Copper/Fiber (Naples, FL)
Add • Naples, FL
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you looking for excellent growth potential? Do you have a vehicle or access to a vehicle that can accommodate a 28 foot ladder? Do you have 2 years Copper / Fiber installations experience? Then Adcomm Installations Inc. has a position for you.
Work Locations: Naples, FL with potential CONUS Travel
Installation and Repair Technicians - Copper / Fiber must demonstrate the skills, possess the tools, test equipment, and vehicle necessary to perform all phases of installation and repair of copper based subscriber from CO to Premise to include: CO connection, Frame connection, Cross Box, Line trouble shooting, Ped work, Trouble shooting, HSI, POTS, Bonded, Fiber basics, Prism. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains/repairs and tests copper cable in an underground, aerial, or buried environment.
- Troubleshoots problems that will require copper repair, copper maintenance, copper slicing, faultfinding, etc.
- Splice existing facilities in buried, underground, aerial and building work locations.
- Uses hand tools, power tools, and specialty tools, including specialty meters (e.g., multi-meters, volt-ohm meters, HST-3000, Sidekick), in inside and outside plant facilities.
- Performs testing and turn-up of subscriber lines.
- Locates and repairs aerial and underground cable.
- Locates, joins, repairs and rearranges cable and cable equipment in buildings and aerial or buried plant. Installs, maintains/repairs, and tests residential/small business telecommunication service (POTS, Prism, Fiber and DSL).
- Connects wires and cables to terminals, frames, and attaches/detaches various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings, and poles.
- Performs continuity and/or conformance testing.
- Reads and interprets customer service orders, technical (i.e., mechanical, electrical, digital) drawings, maps, blueprints, diagrams, etc.
- Receives service orders, worksheets (detailed diagrams describing nature and location of equipment to be installed or repaired) and repair tickets from supervisor or other designated employees and performs specified work.
- Works with telecom color-coded wires and cables.
- Interacts with customers professionally and courteously via telephone or on the premises.
- Works well with others to achieve common goals and to foster a cooperative climate, as well as work independently in the field with little supervision
- Valid driver’s license, with a satisfactory driving record.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Willingness and drive to continually keep up with changes in broadband technology.
- Strong communication skills – ability to explain technical issues to customers clearly.
- Ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously, with a positive, upbeat attitude.
- Highly motivated technician, with a proven record of outstanding productivity.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot technical and practical issues daily.
- Flexibility and ability work individual or as team as customer needs dictate.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of computer operating systems to install and repair customer networking products.
- Experience within the last 2 years installing, maintaining, repairing and/or testing any of the following residential or small business broadband products: high speed internet, phone lines, home theatre, wireless networks, cable TV, satellite TV, sound/audio installs, closed circuit TV, security alarm or fire alarm systems.
- Experience cabling (CAT5 or Coax) various electronic components (e.g., routers, TVs, gaming consuls, stereo systems and home entertainment systems).
- Standing - 6 to 8 hours daily
- Walking - 6 to 8 hours daily
- Bending/Stooping - 6 to 8 hours daily
- Repetitive Movement (shoveling/sweeping) – 6 to 8 hours daily
- Lifting (weights up to 100 lbs.) - Occasionally
- Lift and Carry (50/60 lbs. for 20 feet) - Regularly
- Push / Pull – 6 to 8 hours daily
- Competitive labor rates and incentives.
- Paid Training
- Journeyman (2 years experience) pay rate up to $25.00 an hour DOE plus mileage
- Salary review at 90 days and annually.
- Assistance with Training needs and requirements for certifications.
- Health, dental, vision and supplemental benefits available.
- PTO (Paid Time Off) program.
- Weekly Pay.
- Corporate Discounts.
- PPE Kits Provided.
- Drop Material and Specialty tools will be provided.
- Employee Referral Program $250.00.
Approved applicants must submit to a Drug Screening and Background Check
Adcomm Installations Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employee
Company information: Adcomm Installations, an affiliate of Adcomm, provides all phases of telecommunications, build out, installations, repair and commissioning of equipment associated with Business, MDU and SFU applications.