Responsible for leading and directing a multitude of functional and technical implementation teams consisting of staff, consultants, and infrastructure support organizations and providing day-to-day oversight and management of all IT infrastructure and systems for Iron Bow. The incumbent will be responsible for using the system implementation methodology to streamline and redesign various technology and business systems that extend through all functional areas and lines of business.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
The following statements describe the general nature and level of the work performed. They should not be considered an exhaustive list of all duties. Employees may perform other related duties as required.
- Supervise employees including selecting or recommending selection, training, assigning and evaluating work, coaching, counseling, disciplining, and/or termination or recommending termination;
- Oversees and directs all aspects of IT infrastructure for all functional areas and lines of business, i.e., network, telecom, server administration, and datacenter;
- Provides management level oversight for all technical infrastructure and related enterprise architecture plans;
- Leads the development of system acquisition and implementation plans;
- Leads and directs functional and technical implementation teams consisting of staff, consultants, and implementation support organizations;
- Ensures the effective abstraction of business requirements and data models from legacy data centers;
- Migrates legacy systems into broad-scope cloud-based hosting infrastructure where applicable;
- Develops policies for documentation and control of IT implementation projects;
- Supports the development of budgetary projections on Information Technology implementation projects;
- Manages the IT systems implementation portfolio from a strategic and operational perspective;
- Leads planning exercises with functional teams and groups to develop an enterprise view of system requirements;
- Manages the development of system acquisition plans and procurement approaches;
- Manages Infrastructure & Operations staff and contractors to ensure that business processes are streamlined and optimized for value;
- Manages the RFP development process for related initiatives;
- Evaluates optimal solution delivery process;
- Manages external vendor relationships with contract administrators to review/negotiate/revise relevant contract provisions and/or contracting vehicles;
- Provides leadership to ensure that implementation business processes meet or exceed documented standards;
- Ensures compliance with Iron Bow procurement and operating rules and regulations in every aspect of system acquisition and implementation activities;
- Oversees the management of service level agreements with vendors and service providers;
- Manages internal business relationships and service level agreements.
- Ensures compliance with Iron Bow policies and Industry standards, ISO 27001, DFARS, FedRamp, FISMA
- Supports the Vice President of Information Technology in management of the Iron Bow Technology Strategic Plan and Roadmap;
- Represents the Vice President of Information Technology at internal meetings as necessary;
- Develops presentations for external audiences to highlight key Iron Bow achievements, as requested by the Vice President of Information Technology;
- Provides mentoring to Infrastructure & Operations personnel on system implementation best practices.
- Performs other related duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise architecture and governance best practices.
- Extensive knowledge of information technology system implementation methodologies;
- Extensive technical knowledge of business processes and data architecture underlying Oracle EBS and other legacy systems being utilized at Iron Bow Technologies;
- Working knowledge of industry best practices related to infrastructure technical areas such as voice and data networking, security and storage;
- Knowledge of leading ERP technology products in general and the Oracle suite of ERP applications in particular;
- Knowledge of leading operational technology solutions i.e. Service Now and Salesforce CRM;
- Understanding of business process re-engineering concepts and application;
- Strong understanding of requirements engineering methodology;
- Solid understanding of system acquisition lifecycle;
- Understanding of risk-management aspects of system implementation;
- Understanding of “portfolio management” approach to system implementation;
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Contracts management and negotiation skills;
- Strong customer focus skills with the ability to recognize customer requirements, assist the customer in achieving their goals, manage customer expectations and consistently achieve high customer satisfaction;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience;
- Ability to manage numerous projects and activities simultaneously, ensuring the correct priorities are assigned and initiatives are completed within resource constraints.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related discipline;
- 12 years of progressively responsible professional IT experience, preferably in system support, system development, and system implementation setting that included five years’ technology management experience as well as the following:
- Experience developing and implementing operational plans and budgets;
- Demonstrated experience with all stages of enterprise application life-cycle management;
- Demonstrated success in the management of large, complex technology implementation projects with contracts, vendors and organizations; ability to orchestrate collaboration among institutional teams and stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or Information Management;
- Broad understanding of operational systems particularly in the areas of customer service, service desk management, financial operations, and IT asset management;
- Government contracting or relevant industry experience;
- Oracle experience.
Iron Bow Technologies is a leading IT solution provider dedicated to successfully transforming technology investments into business capabilities for government, commercial and healthcare clients. Our depth of technical expertise, global reach and strategic partnerships with industry leaders as well as disruptive technology partners uniquely positions Iron Bow to target the right solution to ensure your successful business outcome. We partner with our clients from planning and implementation through ongoing maintenance and management to deliver solutions that are strong, flexible and on target.
Iron Bow Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Service Level Agreement