Electrical Engineer - PE (Remote)
Your duties include: Engineering/Design Duties: Provide engineering calculations and design for electrical infrastructure systems including but not limited to power distribution, lighting, fire alarm/life safety systems, control systems, and low voltage systems (e.g. data systems, monitoring systems, communications systems, security systems, surveillance systems, etc.).
• Provide manager with a weekly report stating the status of all projects.
• Create resource plans for all projects including the management of production and drafting staff for the entire length of the project.
• Coaching EE-1's on all aspects of design and power distribution.
• When attending meetings with clients or internally, document any decisions made or assignments accepted by yourself and/or all other attendees.
• Coordinate with the architect, owner, project manager and other engineering disciplines, as appropriate, to make sure that all electrical infrastructure design work is coordinated to work as intended when the facility is constructed.
• Review and understand the scope of work for all work assigned. Will be responsible to refer to the scope of work during the project to make sure that scope creep or requested work outside the scope is addressed with the project manager for work to proceed.
• Provide documentation of calculations performed to design the size of electrical infrastructure systems based on information provided by the client.
• Generate a document at the beginning of each project that lays out the CAD standards for that project which includes but is not limited to the creation of CAD Layers, production of blocks, Xref requirements for CAD and AutoCAD Fabrication, etc.
• Using our client’s standard specifications and standard title sheet notes, along with requirements and specifications provided by the client in writing or during meeting discussions, provide project specific specifications and/or title sheet notes to ensure the intent of the electrical infrastructure systems designed is communicated to the project team.
• Provide marked up drawings of the layout of electrical infrastructure systems devices based on the project scope, client's requirements, code requirements for the project location and our client’s engineering and design standards. When appropriate this work can be done in Revit and/or AutoCAD.
• Ensure that all drawings and specifications that are produced have been properly reviewed through our client’s engineering QC process before they are provided to the client.
• Generate Short Circuit, Coordination, Arc Flash studies to be used for power distribution design and operations. • Support plan reviews by providing written responses to all comments/RFIs from the building permit department, architect, client, contractor and other disciplines.
• Travel to construction project sites and client office locations in United States.
• Document control and management.
• Customer engagement.
• Be part of our client’s 3-D drafting and advanced technology development team.
• Bachelor’s/Master's degree in electrical engineering or related field and
• 3 - 5 years’ experience engineering and designing electrical systems for building infrastructure
• Passing the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (EIT)
• Experience with Revit and AutoCAD MEP
• Prefer PE, or on the path to PE SKILLS:
• Ability to work with geographically distributed, large teams
• Excellent communication
• Articulate and professional
• Ability to motivate project teams
• Detail and process oriented
• Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
• Eagerness to learn while dedicated to teamwork
• Excellent logical problem-solving
• Proficient in Revit & AutoCAD
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Product Quality Assurance
Fire Alarm Systems