To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
21089 Dulles Town Circle
Sterling, VA 20166
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
General Manager - Full-Time
Benihana National Corporation • Sterling, VA
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible for the overall performance of restaurant operations including customer service,
financials, food quality, beverage quality, guest and employee safety practices. Oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, training, and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, profitability, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness, and sanitation. Oversees all purchases of food, beverage, supplies and equipment. Regularly measure and evaluate service levels and standards using guest and employee feedback and develop plans for continuous improvement. Ensures restaurant is in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations.Responsibilities
- Oversees and manages all areas of the restaurant and makes final decisions on guest service issues.
- Investigates and resolves food quality and service complaints. Communicates with guests and employees to solve problems and ensures complete guest satisfaction.
- Inspects dining room, food receiving, preparation, production and storage areas to ensure health and safety regulations are being adhered to at all times
- Supervises cleaning and maintenance of equipment and arranges for repairs, contracts and other services.
- Maintains appropriate restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Ensures good safety practices of employees and guests throughout the restaurant. Ensures proper emergency and security procedures are in place and all employees have been appropriately trained.
- Plans, coordinates and has final approval on the scheduling of all restaurant departments.
- Prepares all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Assist in developing, planning, and executing restaurant marketing, advertising, and promotional activities and campaigns. Communicates to staff and ensures all employees are aware of marketing campaigns.
- Follows all federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations outlined in the RA Employee Handbook
Food Safety and Planning:
- Ensures sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Ensures consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant's recipes, portioning, cooking, and serving standards.
- Responsible for all restaurant inventories including food, liquor, beer, wine, furniture, accessories, equipment, & tool inventories and must constantly manage & maintain documented detailed status in all areas including on hand quantities, costs, & quality levels
- Ensure product is always on hand on an as needed basis, through systematic ordering and forecasting techniques.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition, and, deliveries are received in accordance with the restaurant's receiving policies and procedures.
- Ensures the receipt of all orders to verify correct quantities and pricing.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Reviews financial information such as sales and costs and monitors budgets to ensure efficient operation and that expenditures stay within budget limitations. Takes action to prevent deviation from budget.
- Prepare budgets as required by corporate and General Manage in an effort to meet budget projections.
- Prepare period and quarterly end budget analysis.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and employee and payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Provides direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Interviews, selects and hires hourly employees. Makes employment and termination decisions.
- Conducts new hire orientations, trains employees on Company mission, culture and guest experience objectives.
- Develops employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
- Prepares schedules and ensure that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts.
- Continuously strives to develop staff in all managerial and professional areas.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel, and, administer prompt, fair, and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules, and procedures.
- Forecast & implement improvement plans for management development, & continuing education.
- Ensure all restaurant staff & management team members have necessary tools to perform daily duties.
- Communicate well all aspects of weekly operations by leading weekly team management meetings.
- Lead by example in all areas by becoming the expert in all aspects of the restaurant.
- Be a role model and a teacher to restaurant staff.
Experience and Education:
- Three to five years of restaurant management experience working in a high volume full service concept.
- Proficiency in food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
- Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a POS system.
- Have knowledge of service and food & beverage operations, generally involving at least three years of front-of-the-house & back-of-the-house operations and/or assistant management positions.
- College degree in hospitality management or related field preferred.
- Previous experience in teppanyaki style restaurant highly desirable.
- A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative.
- Knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel).
- Must possess a valid drivers license.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must agree to background and credit check.
- Serv Safe certified, alcohol service certified
Physical Demands: Must be able to perform a variety of physical activities including, but not limited to, standing for long periods of time, climbing, walking, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 lbs. Ability to carry and lift cookware (pots, pans, etc) containing hot or cool foods and liquids. Repetitive hand and wrist motion may be required. Working with hot, cold and hazardous equipment as well as operate phones, computers and other office equipment.
Shift Flexibility: Must be able to work different shifts, include holidays, nights and weekends. Typical work week = 50 hours.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network! Text "Benihana" to 51893.