Repair Shop Technician II
Our Industrial Manufacturing client is needing a Repair Shop Technician on a Temp to Hire basis located in Northwest Houston paying $17.50 - $19.50/hr. They will be responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, and testing the adjustable speed drive and motor product line. The Technician will receive and document customer equipment, prepare reports and documentation, and write repair-modification instructions. The individual contributor will also team with design engineers on problems.
Duties and Responsibilities of the position include but not limited to:
- Following procedures for Receiving, Inspecting, Estimating, Repairing and customers equipment.
- Preparing Estimates as directed by customers instructions and following up with customers as needed.
- Beware of, and know how to check for product revisions, modifications, and engineering notes.
- Providing customer telephone or e-mail assistance as directed by the Repair Shop Supervisor (may be required to work at customer sites).
- Provide the administrative staff with documentation and information required for customer interface and billing.
- Assist the group in maintaining facilities, equipment, and services.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and test 50% or more of the product lines for which the group is responsible.
- Assisting the Parts Group with part modification and revision as directed by the Repair Shop Supervisor.
- Work with Design Engineers and the plants on Product problems encountered
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3-5 years previous experience in troubleshooting and repair of electronic products.
- Experience with industrial power electronics preferred.
- Experience with adjustable speed drives or AC induction motors.
- Must have Electronics and Mechanical experience.
- Must be knowledgeable in tools, meters, and electronic test equipment.
- Must be able to read electrical schematics.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Oracle experience preferred.
- Associates degree or Technical degree,
- Military Power Electrical training program, or an Electrical Apprenticeship program preferred.
Submit resume: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Repair Shop Technician II-Field Service
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Electronic Test Equipment
Complex Problem Solving