GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Principal Technician Yield Engineering.
Fab 9 is seeking a Yield Engineering Technician to join the team. This role requires an organized, self-motivated individual with strong communication skills. The individual will have responsibilities to provide support for day to day production in signals review and lot disposition for the inline test sector. The yield engineering technician will work with technical experts within the yield engineering team to identify rogue tools and solve complex problems.
- High School Degree (or equivalent) with minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Fluent in English Language – written & verbal
- Able to perform shift work on a 12 hours per shift schedule (AWS)
- Able to work in a cleanroom environment per semiconductor protocol/requirements
- Able to wear all required clean room protective clothing and equipment for normal 12-hour shift (excluding breaks)
- Able to perform work in a standing position for majority of a 12-hour shift (excluding breaks)
- Associates Degree and or Technical Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Semiconductor Manufacturing or a related discipline
- Demonstrated technical skills and knowledge of semiconductor processing and process equipment
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities
- Strong team player with ability to work well within a global team
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control methodologies & systems
- Familiarity with Lean processes & activities and Kaizen teams
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Principal Technician Yield Engineering and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.