DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: [[Missoula, MT]]
Job Posting Title: [[Account Executive]]
The Account Executive is responsible for managing operations for assigned customers while ensuring growth and development of accounts through exceptional customer services. Expedites and routes movement of incoming and outgoing freight shipments. Develops client relations. Negotiates rates with customers for transportation and/or brokerage services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Reaches and exceeds targeted monthly Gross Profit goals through business development.
• Expedites the movement of freight to help fulfill the shipper’s transportation requirements.
• Advises clients on transportation and payment methods
• Negotiates and arranges transport of goods with shipping or freight companies.
• Contacts vendors and/or claims adjustment departments in order to resolve problems with shipments.
• Manages customer order analysis and complex load building
• Independently assesses situations and resolves for both the customer and the company’s best possible outcome
• Provides reporting as requested by the customer
• Liaises with Accounting, Credit, and Settlement Departments to resolve customer inquiries
• Communicates with customers, manager, and team members
• Collaborates with Logistics Account Managers to ensure coverage of all loads and maximize carrier opportunities
• Audits system data through billing process, including load validations
• Negotiates rates with customers for transportation and/or brokerage services.
• Quotes competitive rates, enters complete and accurate load details. Creates relationships with internal and external customers and responds to their requests in a timely manner.
• Takes accountability for tracking and communicating pertinent information related to customer loads and resolves problems.
• Promotes the DSV Road Transport brand.
• Above all, leads by example, motivates and supports co-workers, Integrates and promotes the Company Values into daily actions and interactions (Integrity, Innovation, Teamwork, Dedication, and Respect)
• Performs other duties as required
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma or GED
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• High PC proficiency (Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
• English (reading, writing, and verbal)
• Position requires highly developed organizational and people skills.
• Good communication skills are essential
• Ability to coordinate, plan and route all inbound and outbound freight.
• Requires the ability to reduce and control transportation costs, negotiate rates, solve problems, dispatch trucks, track loads and provide excellent customer service.
• Demonstrated ability to balance multiple duties concurrently and maintain attention to detail.
• Quality drive and results oriented
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Detail oriented
• Must be a 'team player”
• Working knowledge of material that the company handles, and the services offered
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at Email blocked - click to apply. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 47,000 employees in more than 75 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career. Read more at URL blocked - click to apply
Customer Relationship Management
Modify Spend Target
Deliver Compelling Sale Presentation