The Director-Nursing is responsible and accountable for the operational management, leadership, professional development and quality assessment and improvement activities of his/her clinical unit(s). Responsibilities include assessing, planning, initiating, coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating patient care activities of young, middle and older adult patient population for whom care is provided. The director is responsible to assure that the unit operates in a manner that meets organizational goals and objectives and meets standards set by regulatory and accrediting agencies.
Supports the Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Hospital.
Minimum licensure/certification required (if applicable):
1. Bachelor's degree in Nursing required. MSN or Master's Degree in Healthcare or related field preferred.
2. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the Maryland State Board of Nursing or a Compact State.
3. Specialty certification required within six (6) months of hire.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
1. Minimum five (5) years related clinical experience required. Minimum of three (3) years management experience in comparable area of an acute care setting is required.
2. Candidate must be capable of:
* Assessing current unit activities/problems in a clinical setting, evaluating alternative approaches, implementing programs/practices, and evaluating outcomes.
* Maintaining effective relationships with peers, other departmental staff and physicians.
* Effectively managing human, material, capital, and financial resources
3. English language proficient.
4. Effective communication skills.
Management at Holy Cross Hospital involves understanding that we operate within a fiduciary relationship in which we are expected to steward our community's resources in such a way that we produce high quality, safe, efficient, and effective care for both today's patients and tomorrow's patients. This enables us to become the most trusted provider of health services within our community.
A Director at Holy Cross Hospital is expected to demonstrate ethical behavior and support the mission of Holy Cross Hospital, while possessing and utilizing excellent analytical and monitoring skills, fiscal responsibility and the ability to select, train and retain managers and line employees who are capable of creating a desirable work environment. Directors are expected to oversee 24-hour operations of their specific areas, ensuring the successful day-to-day function of the area, policy and objectives communication to staff, and that operational processes are staffed and monitored appropriately to ensure that quality, customer service, and financial performance are maintained.
Directors are responsible for establishing departmental policies and procedures and adapting them as necessary to meet operational objectives. Directors monitor their departmental results against budget, operational and strategic plans and determine how to improve performance against each. Effective cross-departmental cooperation and the ability to work with peers and senior management are essential for the director to obtain the necessary agreements and resources needed to meet both area specific and organizational objectives.
Responsible for identifying all hazardous materials in the work area and all employees with potential exposure in order to provide them with the necessary personal protective devices and appropriate training. Responsible for assuring that all employees strictly adhere to all measures necessary for compliance with hospital safety policies and applicable Federal, State, and Agency safety-related requirements and regulations
May be required to lift a minimum of 15-35 pounds as determined by the nature of the nursing unit. Must be able to push, pull, and lift patients. Must be able to push, pull, and lift patient care equipment. Must be able to bend body downward at the waist and be able to kneel. Potential exposure to infectious disease in patient care environment.
Health Unit Coordinators
Nursing Assistants/Emergency Technicians
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to Minority/Females/disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) status.