$18.00 to $20.00 hourly
Robert Half Finance may have the role for you, if you're looking to grow your career with a thriving company as an Accounting Clerk. This reputable business's Accounting Clerk position handles matching invoices to purchase orders and/or vouchers, data entry, and assisting in the process of Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R). The Accounting Clerk position is a full-time opportunity and is situated in the Troy, New York, area. This company might be for you, if you're looking for work with terrific benefits, a wonderful work space/office, and a dynamic team culture.
- Assist with general accounting tasks, including G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, and other ad hoc projects
- Code documents using the proper classification of expenditure codes and accounting codes
- Assist with other related duties and special projects as assigned
- Support Accounts Receivable: process daily invoices/credit, apply cash receipt, and help with collection of past due balance
- Add financial information to journals and ledgers
- Assist accounts payable with vendor invoices and disbursement filing and with A/P invoice matching & filing
- Produce statements and reports using a variety of sources
- Resolve discrepancies by examining possible sources of disagreement, recreating likely actions, and identifying the effect on other accounts; generate correction documents as required
- Be able to prioritize workload and perform in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Excellent data entry skills
- Solid understanding of Accounts Payable (AP)
- Spreadsheet and ERP system experience is ideal, but not required
- AA or BS/BA in Accounting or related field preferred
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half URL blocked - click to apply.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles