- Arrange daily activities based on urgency of requests for fluid samples
- Identify patients and their personal information using their ID, documents or other means
- Determine the right venipuncture method based on patient age, health etc.
- Reassure patients and help them relax
- Find veins that are suitable for puncture
- Draw blood using sterilized needles, vials and other equipment
- Ensure optimal quality and quantity of samples
- Label samples correctly and send or deliver them for testing
- Answer patient questions and provide useful information
- Keep accurate records on fluid specimens and tests
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety standards while working
- Help with blood transfusions when needed
- Proven experience as a Phlebotomist
- Experience with effective puncture techniques
- Understanding of proper patient identification methods
- Knowledge of legal requirements about drawing blood, handling fluid samples and use of relevant medical equipment and material
- Ability to use computers to enter information
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to connect with various types of patients (such as children, elderly, pregnant women) and make them feel comfortable
- Patience and presence of mind
- Diploma in Phlebotomy or extensive on-the-job training
- Certification is a plus
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Free Education Courses
- Flexible Assignment to fit your Needs
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Health Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Paid Holidays
Interim HealthCare is America's leading provider of home care, hospice and healthcare staffing. We offer one of the most comprehensive selections of career opportunities in the industry ranging from per diem to full-time.
If you're looking for a stable career opportunity, look no further. We offer the security of working for an established company. Nationally, Interim HealthCare has been providing great jobs to great people for over 50 years and there are more than 300 offices across the country. That kind of stability combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career partner.
Interim HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each Interim HealthCare location is independently owned and operated. ©2018 Interim HealthCare Inc.Other Info
- Job City: St Louis Park
- Job State: MN
- Employee Type: Full Time
Interaction With Patients
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 1088-119716
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
National Corporate Profile
View the full profile
Interim HealthCare franchised offices employ nurses, therapists, aides, companions and other healthcare professionals who provide 25 million hours of home care service to 190,000 people each year, meeting a variety of home health, senior care, hospice, palliative care, pediatric care and healthcare staffing needs.
We offer the perfect combination of flexibility and stability you’re looking for in a healthcare employer. As America’s leading provider of home care, hospice and healthcare staffing, chances are we have the right assignment to fit your needs – as well as online training and other opportunities to help you advance your career.