To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Guard II- Atlanta, GA
Chenega Corporation • Atlanta, GA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CHENEGA GLOBAL PROTECTION, LLC
Company Job Title:Guard II
Chenega Job Title:Guard II Clearance:
NACILocation: Atlanta, GA
Non- Exempt, Full Time, Regular
Approved Date:04-01-2019 Summary:
- The Guard II’s primary duty is to perform protective service work such as guarding government owned or leased buildings and property, protecting government equipment and material, and controlling access to government installations by employees, visitors, and residents. The Guard II reports directly to a Shift Supervisor (SS) and takes direction from the SS, posted orders and Standard Operating Procedures. Responds to emergencies, enforce government regulations, and conduct crowd, parking, and traffic control, inspections, and perimeter and internal access control. The Guard II does not act in the capacity of a law enforcement officer and has no arrest or apprehension powers. The Guard II is armed with a side arm, shotgun, or other weapons as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Required to follow all company personnel and safety policies and perform all assigned duties in a safe work manner.
- Will arrive at work in proper uniform and carrying needed, issued equipment.
- Will be required to exercise force up to and including deadly force.
- Will participate in Guard Mount, receive assigned post, and copy any extra instructions.
- Will carry out general and special orders for post assigned.
- Will communicate via radio, telephone and orally according to orders.
- Required to interact and escort as required with public and government personnel.
- Will provide access control, traffic control and conduct walking and motorized armed security functions.
- Will be responsible for cleanliness of uniform and equipment assigned.
- Will follow applicable standard operating procedures and government regulations pertaining to security of weapons, buildings, personnel, government property and equipment.
- Will conduct personnel, vehicular, building, & facility checks and package & parcel inspection.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include weekends and holidays.
- Will be required to demonstrate continuing physical fitness and proficiency with firearms.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State Driver’s License.
- Honorably discharged (If Applicable)
- Must speak, read, write, and understand the English language, apply written rules, detailed orders, instructions and training material.
- Possess a Diploma or Certificate as a graduate of a Federal, State, or Local law enforcement agency training academy; or military services recognized basic law enforcement or physical security training academy.
- Must satisfactorily complete a contract required annual Physical Efficiency Battery (PEB) test.
- Must satisfactorily qualify with a 9 mm semi-auto pistol handgun using the agency’s course of fire.
- Be able to meet any Federal, State, or Municipal requirements to work as an Armed Security Guard.
- Have no record or history of illegal drug use, sale, possession, or manufacture during the previous five years.
- Have no felony convictions and no convictions that reflect on the individual’s reliability including those crimes classified under the Lautenberg Act.
- Must be able to pass a Background Check (DOJ Security Risk Assessment) and the National Agency Investigations Check (NACI) prior to assignment.
- Must have or be able to obtain current State armed Security Officer Registration.
- Must have valid state Armed Guard license requirements.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret Post Orders, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to question activities and issues in all functional areas and make sound business decisions based on that data.
- Skill in operating a personal computer and standard office equipment.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and Outlook.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.