At Improbable, we believe that the next revolution in entertainment and society will come from massive virtual worlds. They will create new economies and opportunities globally, changing not just how we play, but how we work and relate to each other.
That's why we've made it our mission to build the next generation of technologies for online multi-user games and simulations. As part of that, we are launching a series of AAA groundbreaking experiences connected by a common virtual world to players around the globe.
We are looking to create new massive online experiences in collaboration with our community and partners. We have already started this journey by holding the ScavLab event with over 4,000 players crowding into a single world, and a live Meet and Greet with K-Pop star AleXa attended by thousands of fans.
See this video to see some of what we've accomplished so far!
While we believe the below experiences could be important, we're keen to hear from people that have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of the requirements, please still apply!
Areas for Impact
* Be accountable for areas of the game, often encompassing multiple features.
* Design and implement gameplay features at a very high standard - drawing on past experience.
* Mentor junior designers in creating features throughout the design and implementation process.
* Drive the development of tools and pipelines to assist Gameplay Designer with rapid prototyping.
* Review junior designers' work, giving critical feedback and signoff.
We would love to hear from you if you embody the following
* A desire to understand the moment-to-moment, hour-to-hour, day-to-day and week-to-week impact of the features you design and implement.
* Display a high degree of discipline in following design processes.
* A passion to create mechanics that layer together to create depth and complexity without overwhelming the player.
* A rigorous approach to design that puts the player experience first and looks for ways to test assumptions and incorporate feedback and analytics data.
* Expert in one or more game engines or packages. Unreal preferred.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Improbable Home Page
Jobs powered by
- Data Analysis
- Mechanical Engineering
- Game Engine
- Rapid Prototyping