Join First Vehicle Services as a Truck Trailer Repair Technician!
The Trailer Technician is responsible for repairs, welding, and fabrication on class 8 trailers including live haul and feed trailers.
Shift: 6AM - 2:30PM Monday - Friday
First Vehicle Services is Proud to Offer You:
- Up to $25 per hour based on experience & qualifications
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days
- Opportunities for advancement nationwide! (Many of our executives were once techs)
- Great Work Environment!
Trailer Mechanic responsibilities:
- Perform all types of semi-trailer maintenance and repair, including suspension, brakes. running gears, welding and fabrication.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Use hand and power tools such as electric drills, grinders, die grinders and other like tools to complete the required operations
- Test and inspect equipment after repairs are completed
- Properly document all equipment maintenance, repairs and installations into electronic maintenance program.
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace at all times.
Trailer Mechanic requirements:
- 3-5 years of truck trailer repair, welding, and fabrication experience.
- Experience working on suspension, brakes & running gears is preferred
- Technical school or vocational training is a plus
- Valid driver's license
- Appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Subject to a drug test
Apply today to join our team!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.