ENERCON is a multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental services firm dedicated to driving efficiency and sustainability throughout energy, power, and related technology industries. Our culture is defined by our commitment to excellence and investment in our employee’s growth and development
Due to continued growth, our Nuclear Services Group is seeking a Senior 3D Designer to join the ENERCON Team based in our Kennesaw, GA (HQ) location.
Responsibilities (including but are not limited to)
- Prepare accurate layout and detail drawings of parts, assemblies, and related items.
- Confer with engineers and other drafters for design concept interpretation.
- Work directly with Engineering to interpret drawing markups for development or revision of the product.
- Work independently of engineers but confer with engineers and other drafters for design concept interpretation.
- Perform piping and support design for installation in nuclear power plants.
- Prepare design drawings, including piping isometrics, single line drawings, P&ID’s and pipe support drawings.
- Perform walkdowns at Nuclear Power Plants and generate walkdown reports.
- Understand and follow all organizational, area/departmental, and client procedures, safety policies, and directives.
- Experience using 3D scanning technology is a plus. If not, candidate needs to have a willingness and motivation to be trained.
- Conduct self-checks of created drawings, sketches, and related data to proactively identify factors that may negatively affect final product.
- Support engineers with any changes to drawings.
- Meet applied time goals set for position/discipline.
Required qualifications / skills
- AS degree with 4+ years of experience or BS with 2+ years of experience
- Must be thoroughly proficient utilizing AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Proficient in the use of 3D design software.
- 5+ years of relevant design experience
- Mechanical design experience.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of codes, standards, criteria, and design execution pertinent to various aspects of design.
- Ability to travel between 10-20% of the time; duration of travel may vary depending on project and client needs.
Preferred Qualifications / skills
- Proficient in the use of3D design software. Plant3D experience is preferred.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings; ENERCON and client specific background checks; and an annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies.
- Ability to gain and maintain unescorted access at nuclear sites.
Must be legally eligible to work in the US without current or future sponsorship.
This job posting is subject to change at any time.
Enercon Services, Inc (ENERCON) offers excellent benefits and career opportunities as part of our culture of excellence. Our people are the driving force behind our work. Together, we advance industry and drive innovation.
ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Connect with us: www.enercon.com | LinkedIn
Hardworking And Dedicated
Computer Aided Design