Interfaces with homebuyer and trade partners to perform final orientations and diagnose, schedule and complete warranty service work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pre-walk homesites to provide punchlist for construction to delivery of home to customer; provide quality control of finished product
- Conduct homeowner walk-throughs, acquainting homeowner with operation of appliances, heating/cooling systems, maintenance of home, etc
- Coordinate with the Construction Department staff and trade partners in the completion of walk-through repairs within 5 days
- Schedule and supervise trade partners’ repairs in homes after delivery to homeowner
- Schedule inspections with homeowners, assess routine warranty claims and follow through to completion all service requests within 7 days
- Provide accurate and timely information to Customer Care Manager on progress and scopes of work
- Maintain positive homeowner relations, provide homeowner with knowledgeable, timely and professional service
- Evaluate trade partner and product performance. Provide on going information to Customer Service Manager as it relates to quality of workmanship and materials
- Work with Customer Service Manager on special projects as needed
- Participate and attend department meetings
- Keep accurate service request logs and documentation of all work performed
- Perform all other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Four (4) years residential, customer care or construction field
- High school diploma or GED required
- Valid driver’s license
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality relative to daily work schedule is required
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to deal effectively with confrontational situations and maintain objectivity in public relations
- Detail oriented, works well under pressure, capable of handling multiple tasks with simultaneous deadlines
- Follow directions from a supervisor
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive feedback
- Team player
Requires the ability to work eight hours per day in the confined quarters of a construction trailer, the ability to operate a motor vehicle, read Plans, climb stairs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and/or carry equipment which may be in excess of 50 pounds, occasionally operate construction equipment. Finger dexterity may be required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
General Overview of Compensation & Benefits:
- The median base compensation for this position is estimated to be $47,000 annualized, subject to adjustment based on business-related factors including employee qualifications and operational considerations.
- This position will be eligible for company benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage along with a broad range of supplemental benefits including 401K Retirement Plan, prepaid legal assistance, and more. We also offer paid time off for vacation, sickness, holiday, and bereavement. We are pleased to be able to provide 100% company paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
- This information is intended to be a general overview and may be modified by the Company due to factors affecting the business.
- Confrontational Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Service
- Quality Management