To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sandy Springs, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Medical Assistant Certified
Grady Health System • Sandy Springs, GA
Posted 2 months ago
Grady Health System offers many career paths for experienced professionals. Whether you have many years of experience or are in the early stages on your career, you can find a rewarding career at Grady!
The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) has duties and responsibilities related to patient care in the ambulatory clinic environment. The individual displays responsible behaviors, communicates effectively to others and functions as a member of the healthcare team. The CMA functions under the direct supervision and authority of the physician when performing clinical tasks during patient care. The CMA reports to the clinic manager, who is responsible for the administrative supervision, staff development, and orientation of the CMA to the area's policies and procedures. The CMA must demonstrate competency in all skills related to the performance of patient care. The CMA maintains an inventory of examination/procedure room supplies, assists in the organization of efficient patient flow, and organizes the clinic environment to assure patient safety. The CMA demonstrates problem-solving skills as they relate to patient care activities, provides guidance for and acts as a role model for CMAs in the clinical area.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification
Current Medical Assistant Certification by an approved National Examination Agency required:
- The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- The National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) certification from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- The Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) certification from the National Healthcare Association (NHA)
- Interpersonal and communication skills with patients, families, physicians and other health care team members in order to foster optimal quality of outpatient care.
Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.