To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mountain View, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Site Information Technology Manager
Teledyne Technologies • Mountain View, CA
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Teledyne provides enabling technologies for industrial growth markets. We have evolved from a company that was primarily focused on aerospace and defense to one that serves multiple markets that require advanced technology and high reliability. These markets include deepwater oil and gas exploration and production, oceanographic research, air and water quality environmental monitoring, factory automation and medical imaging.
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Site IT Manager is a hands-on lead, managing all information technology for our Teeldyne site in Mountain View, CA. This position is responsible for coordinating all IT activities between the site and enterprise-level IT functions, as well as maintaining the integrity of its IT infrastructure and providing quality end-user support. Travel will be required approximately 10%.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- IT Support – This position will provide local IT support to fill requests or resolve issues as needed. Install software, hardware, perform hardware refreshes and manage break-fix of hardware. Perform system administration at the site level as needed.
- Relationship Management – The position is responsible for managing the relationship between IT and site management. The position will interact directly with management from each site to understand business priorities and incorporate those priorities into the IT plan. The position is then responsible for actively performing and managing IT work supporting the sites and coordinating activities across functional teams within IT to meet their needs. The position is also accountable for issue escalation and resolution.
- Project Management – The position has responsibility for managing projects specific to its assigned sites. The position also has budgetary and vendor management responsibilities for the sites including review and approval of local invoices (phone, data, software maintenance, hardware maintenance, etc.).
- IT Process and Standards – The position is responsible for supporting and enforcing IT policy, processes and standards at all sites. In situations where IT policy, process and/or standards are not adequate, the Manager will be responsible for leading process improvement.
- IT Infrastructure – The position will be responsible for providing direct support or working with the local or enterprise infrastructure team to insure the infrastructure needs of the sites are met.
- IT Applications – The position will be responsible for providing direct support or working with the local or enterprise applications team to insure the applications needs of the sites are met.
- Service Level Management – The position will be responsible for communicating IT service levels to management and ensuring the service levels are being met.
- IT Audits & Compliance – The position will be responsible for the completion of monthly, quarterly and semi-annual IT reviews for the sites and remediating any resulting issues. The position also provides support for internal and external audits.
- This position will supervise employees or leads, locally or remotely, and will manage/direct their workloads and tasks in accordance with site and IT priorities. Direct leadership tasks include, but are not limited to: staffing, performance management, communicating relevant IT and business information, promoting career and skills development.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science / related field or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Technical certifications with any Microsoft product, VMWare or IT Security are a plus.
- 10 years of information technology experience with a minimum of 5 years in a management role
- 2-3 years of project management experience, demonstrated knowledge of accepted project management principles and practices
- Experience in Windows, VMWare and Citrix operating environments as well as Microsoft desktop and e-mail applications
- Proficiency in latest technology for IT systems (networking, security, software and database support)
- Extensive knowledge regarding best practices in the development of IT processes
- SOX audit experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication abilities with all levels of management, employees, and customers
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Lead and perform assignments that are complex in nature
- Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation
- Perform work without appreciable management direction. Exercise considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
- Able to organize and coordinate projects and team activities
- Vendor/contract management skills
- Windows Server O/S, MS Clustering, SharePoint/MS Project Server, etc…
- Server Infrastructure Technologies (DNS, DHCP, Active Directory)
- Virtualization technologies (e.g. VMware, Microsoft Virtual Server, etc.) and associated concepts.
- AntiVirus software and strategies
- Dell and HP server troubleshooting and repair
- Storage concepts and technologies – NetApp, HP, etc…
- Remote Management Methodologies, Microsoft System Center & Operations Manager, and configuration management and monitoring system concepts (e.g., WMI, SNMP, etc.)
- Server backup strategies, methodologies, and solutions like Netbackup, Backup Exec, and Comm Vault etc.
- Citrix Xen App and Xen Desktop
- Database Administration Strategies and Practices
- Some ability with scripting
- Thorough understanding of Internet technologies (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of Local and Wide Area Networking
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange Server and Messaging Platforms – High Availability Models
- Network Operating System Supporting Technologies (DNS, DHCP, etc…
- Desktop Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Outlook, Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.)
- Familiarity with desktop applications
- Ability to travel locally as needed, approximately 10%
- U.S. Person for access to ITAR-controlled technical data
- No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
Physical and Mental Activities and Requirements
- No or very limited physical effort required
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time