To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- MIAMI, FL
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director, Hotel Operations
Royal Caribbean Cruise Line • MIAMI, FL
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Director Hotel Operations is responsible that the shipboard hotel operation delivers a guest vacation experience in accordance with Royal Caribbean International¿s brand promise and brand standards. The role communicates directly with the shipboard Hotel Director and is accountable that individual ships meet and exceed goals set out by key performance indicators (KPI¿s), with a special focus on guest satisfaction, shareholder value, internal / external compliance and employee satisfaction.
The DHO liaises closely with all corporate and operational groups to ensure that each ship is fully supported at all times. This includes Hotel Operations (F&B, Onboard Revenue, Entertainment & Cruise Programs, Guest Services, Housekeeping), Marine Operations, Global Marine Operations, IT, Human Resources, Marketing, Accounting, Internal Audit, Safety & Environment, Corporate Communications, Land Operations, Revenue Management, Deployment, Legal and Customer Service.
The Director Hotel Operations is fully accountable for the performance of each ship assigned to him / her. The DHO will work closely with the shipboard leadership and with a team of analysts to use data and operational feedback to constantly review results and trends to make the necessary adjustments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Guides and supports the shipboard hotel operation to deliver a guest vacation experience in accordance with Royal Caribbean International¿s brand promise and brand standards.
- Ensures that each ship is operated safely, effectively and efficiently and meet or exceed all key targets for guest satisfaction (OVE, NPS, ATRI, Food, The ROYAL Way composite), expense management, onboard revenue, crew satisfaction, workplace safety, external and internal compliance.
- Continuously tracks individual ship performance and reviews and analyzes Medallia and Guest Experience data.
- Generates routine updates and reports to appropriate shoreside and shipboard leadership personnel.
- Conducts scheduled ship visits to deliver an in-depth evaluation of the guest experience on-board and determines the success of relevant product enhancements.
- Has overall responsibility for ensuring that guest experiences on Royal Caribbean ships transitioning to and / or operating in EMEA and APAC markets are properly planned and executed in a culturally equitable way. Plans the regional customization of the product along with the shoreside leadership in Food and Beverage, Shore Excursions, Entertainment, Guest Services, Onboard Revenue, Housekeeping .
- Works with the onboard and shoreside support groups to develop strategic and concept briefs for EMEA/APAC executive distribution for recommended initiatives.
Represents hotel operations in situation management / sit rep calls and is expected to make critical decision to ensure the best possible guest experience on ships impacted by unusual situations.
- Reviews and analyzes internal and external audit and inspection reports and disseminates information for follow up and continuous improvement.
- Reviews the Balanced Scorecard Performance and provides all necessary support and tools to the Hotel Director to assist him / her to achieve targets across all areas of the operation.
- Participates in deployment planning and provides operational guidance during the process.
- Ensures the ship is in compliance with ILO, USPH, CBP and other applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Ensures the ship and shipboard team if fully familiar with the fleetwide OPP.
- Conducts readiness reviews and drills during ship visits.
- Liaises with Global Marine and Marine Operations to ensure the SOA (Ship Overall Appearance) and maintenance programs are well managed. Works closely with the ships manager, refurbishment manager and other specialists to create a strategic plan to ensure each ship is well maintained.
- Monitors external environment and competition within the cruise and vacation industry to identify opportunities to strengthen and evolve our guests experience to ensure we maintain and enhance our competitive advantage.
- Ten years of experience in hospitality management preferable cruise lines, hotels, resorts.
- Five years of managerial experience as a Hotel Director or General Manager.
- Work experience with a diverse multicultural work force preferred.
- Previous exposure to worldwide operations a plus.
- Bachelor degree from a hospitality college or university.
- 5 years Shipboard experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of computers, Internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety business related software packages such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Cultivates Customer first: Demonstrates a passion for service, requiring a strong commitment to the delivery of a superior customer experience. Possesses knowledge of the internal and external customers globally and understands the implications of cultural differences for service requirements. Creates and fosters an atmosphere that invites ownership of the customer experience at all levels, ensuring that new ideas for the creation of customer value are cultivated and celebrated.
- Leads with Passion Drive, Energy: Personally emulates the pride, passion and commitment that permeate RCL. Assists the
AVP Hotel Operations in promoting a culture of innovation, encouraging the need to challenge the status quo. Supporting fresh perspectives and new ideas while holding accountability for the right results. Communicates excitement and enthusiasm creating a positive working environment for the fleet.
- Acts with integrity: is an admired business leader whose character is beyond approach. Sets the standards for ethical behavior by promoting and modeling the principle and values that are central to RCL on a daily basis. Has an intense of right and wrong, and will not compromise those values to achieve desired results. Holds his team accountable for the same ethical standards.
- Thinks and Acts Globally: Helps evaluate and ensure the execution of strategic initiatives in the global arena capitalizing on the potential of those opportunities while managing cost. Understands and respects cultural differences, working effectively with a culturally diverse environment. Possesses the necessary breath, sensitivity, and openness to attract, retain, and motivate a diverse workforce.
- Attracts and develops talent: Motivates shipboard leaders to perform their best by communicating the company¿s vision, strategy and business plan, talking with shipboard leaders in an honest, open and candid way encouraging a two way dialog listening to and addressing shipboard leader¿s issues and suggestions. Actively coaches shipboard leaders and provide them with challenging assignments, feedback and insight to their behavior and performance.
- Proven track record of driving high performance and achieving results. Has a disciplined and focused approach to providing support and monitoring performance as to quickly identify unfavorable performance trends. Has the operational experience to assist the shipboard management team in identifying the root cause and developing the appropriate corrective action plan.
This needs to be achieved with a decisive approach predicted on speed and simplicity. Applies critical thinking using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Detailed understanding of shipboard Hotel Operations, ability to work in a faced paced environment with multiple priorities.
Demonstrates ability to handle fast paced decision making and crisis management skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills and strong knowledge of USPH.
- Travel 60 % at the time
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCL and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.