EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Lead Engineer (RCC)
EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a Lead Engineer in Reston, VA. This position provides services to include supervising personnel and performing maintenance and repair of equipment at a site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Chief Engineer with his duties.
- Supervise and assist with the maintenance of site equipment and building structure.
- Supervise and assist in the training and development of site Engineers.
- Assist with the troubleshooting of all equipment on site.
- Supervise the performance of the preventive maintenance of all equipment on site.
- Institute the corrective action and/or inform supervisor on any deficiencies found in the course of performing the job.
- Attend meetings with Client and be prepared to provide corrective solution to site issues.
- Monitor Subcontractors in their tasks and provide reports when needed.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- DC 3rd or MD 1st
- CFC Certification
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an ISSA TS/SCI w/Poly
- Seven (7) or more years’ experience in the trade.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in maintenance and repairs on Commercial-Industrial building equipment to include but not limited to:
Chillers =/+500 tons Pumps Control Systems
Air Handlers Cooling Towers Heat Exchangers
- Demonstrate the ability to read and understand Blueprints, schematics and specifications.
- Be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of Chiller Plant Operations.
- Be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of Building Air Systems.
- Able to work extended hours when needed.
- Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs. /push up to 100 lbs.)
- Prolong, extensive or considerable standing/walking
- Push/pull or move/lift equipment, supplies and parts
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer – Veteran / Disabled.
- Control Systems
- Heat Exchanger
- Complex Problem Solving