To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lebanon, NH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Application Engineer - PLC Applications
Hypertherm, Inc • Lebanon, NH
Posted 1 month ago
Hypertherm is seeking a new addition to our Applications Engineering Team to support our legacy products, existing software and deliver enhanced CNC, PLC, and CAM applications and configurations to End Users. This position will build and test CNC/PLC/CAM applications based upon current and new software features and functions, maintain and update internal Knowledge Base information, and build and deliver training content to internal associates.
Hypertherm's Software Engineer Team continues to improve our cutting solutions by enhancing our line of CNC products and the capabilities and advantages it provides to our customers. Our CAD/CAM software helps manufacturers increase material savings, boost productivity, lower operating costs and improve part quality by offering the highest level of experience while cutting with plasma, laser, waterjet and oxyfuel applications.
As an Applications Software Engineer, you will collaborate with multiple internal teams and external partners that are diverse in skills, years of experience, specialties, and industries to prepare, test, and implement solutions. If you have the skills listed and are an effective team member who works well in a group environment, then CAM and Controls Applications Engineering Team may be the place for you!
We are looking for a software application engineer who has a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering with the following:
- Has the ability to work with other people in engineering and non-engineering fields to understand and resolve problems
- Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Has experience using servo control loop theory and associated mathematics
- Has software programming skills in .Net or scripting languages
- Has hands-on experience with installation, setup, and maintenance of Control Systems
- Has interest and skills to create new applications
- Possesses the ability to learn and embrace new technologies and languages while maintaining existing products
- Has strong communication skills with the ability to communicate advanced concepts to a wide audience
Experience and skills related to many of these areas is desired:
- Experience performing CNC Motion Analysis
- Experience combining CNC/PLC/CAM functions to create new and valuable Applications
- PLC programming skills and experience
- Experience setting up and configuring servo drive systems. Preferred experience with Bosch, Kollmorgen, Yaskawa, Delta, Panasonic, or Mitsubishi drives
- 2D CAD experience
- General CNC/PLC Programming such as PLC C# Function Blocks
- CAM Nesting Software experience
- Experience using Revision Control (Git)
- Experience designing applications for Windows 10
- Experience setting and using Industrial networks (EtherCAT, SERCOS, CAN)
- Experience setting and using Office networks (LAN, WLAN)
- Experience configuring and using PC hardware platforms
Some of the benefits you can expect with a career at Hypertherm:
- Global, 100% employee-owned company for over 50 years
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP)
- 4 days/year Community Service Time
- Strong commitment to Environmental Stewardship
- Stable, growing organization with a no-layoff philosophy
- Relocation assistance is available