To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tualatin, OR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Milgard Windows & Doors • Tualatin, OR
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Milgard Windows & Doors is the leading manufacturer of windows and doors in the Western United States with operations in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, and Texas.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer to join our team in Portland, Oregon. At Milgard Windows and Doors, our Quality Engineer is a member of the location Leadership team. Directly responsible for the overall management of the Quality Department, this position oversees activities in the inspection, data collection and reporting of quality issues. Selected candidate will provide direction to the Quality team for continuous improvement of quality management systems in the plant. The Quality Engineer is hands on in finding the root cause of quality issues, enhancing processes, and driving organizational solutions for meeting customer requirements.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for the following key functions:
- Serve as a quality leader for plant, part of local leadership team
- Analyze data from internal inspections and customer complaints to identify key quality improvement targets
- Use lean and Six Sigma tools to identify root causes for failures and drive to corrective actions
- Improve quality metrics for site to budget
- Be a site leader of a data-driven approach towards quality management
- Minimum five years related experience
- Excel skills, pivot tables and data analysis
- Quality system development and implementation (Six Sigma or TQM) required
- Strong background of driving data to get to root causes and delivering quantifiable results
- Demonstrate track record of quality improvement
- Prior background in similar industries, make to order and quick lead times
The successful candidate will have proficiency in:
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Critical thinking skills including the ability to understand, effectively interpret and communicate complex situations
- Implementing processes
- Being hands on and since of urgency
- Prolonged standing and repetitive motions, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling
- May be required to frequently lift up to 50 lbs. depending on the job
- Hand dexterity and strength
The Quality Engineer role is a great opportunity to learn our business and show what you can do to build a great team and organization. We have a robust total rewards offering including items such as:
- Performance Bonus Incentive – your efforts are rewarded!
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time Off
- Medical/Dental/Vision – Milgard picks up the majority cost of these important benefits!
- 401k with a Company match – 100% of the first 4%
- Tuition assistance – continue your education; we will help!
- Career growth opportunities – take on more responsibility and grow!
To learn more about Milgard’s products, services, and culture visit our website at www.milgard.com/careers. We have built our success on our foundational philosophy of Respect, Service, and Excellence. Milgard Windows & Doors is a great place to grow your career as we continue to build an even greater organization!
Milgard Manufacturing Incorporated
Full or Part Time
Masco Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, protected status as a veteran, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law.
Masco Corporation is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.#CB, #MONS-MILGD