To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Highland, IN 46322
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Federal Signal • Highland, IN
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
• High-performance parts for most makes and models of industrial vacuum loaders, sewer cleaners, hydro excavators and waterblasters,
• Wide range of accessories for industrial cleaning operations,
• Repairing and rebuilding of vacuum trucks, pumps, blowers, and more,
• Large selection of refurbished vacuum trucks, sewer cleaners and hydro excavators, and
• Waterblaster rentals.
Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE: FSS) enhances the safety, security and well-being of communities and workplaces around the world. Founded in 1901, Federal Signal is a leading global designer and manufacturer of products and total solutions that serve municipal, governmental, industrial and institutional customers. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill., with manufacturing facilities worldwide, the company operates three groups: Safety and Security Systems, Environmental Solutions, and Fire Rescue.
Federal Signal is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are currently seeking an Industrial Mechanic for our facility in Highland, IN (Illinois & Indiana Border) – this position is immediately available.
Repair and maintain Jetstream Diesel Powered Waterblasters to support immediate and future rental opportunities. Will also provide onsite maintenance and support for both company and customer owned equipment.
• Ability to interact with customers and explain the functionality of the Waterblast equipment.
• Articulate the safe operations of all waterblast equipment and how to use it in a means to be the most productive.
• Service units at specific service intervals and keep all repairs and service work properly documented.
• Complete inspection reports and thoroughly inspect all equipment at both the beginning and end of every equipment rental.
• Provide onsite technical support for customers.
• Inspect and rebuild equipment as necessary, including: pumps and fluid ends, both company and customer owned.
• Mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot Waterblast issues over the telephone and/or in person.
• Responsible for maintaining accurate inventory control at each location.
• Document costs associated with maintaining equipment.
• Will be responsible to ensure the cleanliness of building and equipment.
• Must adhere to all safety regulations.
• Will be expected to load and unload waterblast equipment.
• Be able to safely transport waterblast equipment from rental locations to customer job sites.
• High school diploma or equivalent is required. College, technical or vocational school courses in hydraulics, pneumatics, airflows, electronics and vacuum systems preferred.
• 3 years related experience as an Industrial Mechanic.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (Other Skills and Abilities):
• Technical and Industrial Mechanical experience and an understanding of how equipment is used and operated in the field.
• Technical and mechanical ability to repair Diesel equipment and units.
• You will be expected to supply your own hand tools.
• Willing to work in adverse weather conditions, be able to wear safety protection equipment and stand for long periods of time, sometimes on uneven surfaces.
• Ability to operate various office equipment, including: computer, calculator, digital camera, fax and copier.
• Ability to understand and utilize rental center operating software.
• Solid organizational skills.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to climb stairs and ladders.