To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
101 National Harbor Boulevard
Oxon Hill, MD 20745
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
General Manager - Express Gourmet (MGM National Harbor)
MGM National Harbor • Oxon Hill, MD
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Oversees the daily restaurant operations to ensure overall guest experience meets and exceeds expectations
- Manages Human Resources responsibilities for assigned department(s) to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; adherence to the company’s status quo third party representation philosophy; compliance with company policies, legal requirements and collective bargaining agreements
- Manages and monitors fiscal budget, operations of assigned department(s) and marketing strategies to produce both short-term and long-term profitability for the company as well as P & L
- Responsible for smooth, efficient, cost effective operation of restaurant to include labor management, supervision of all aspects of service, inventory control.
- Provides input into the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes to ensure competitive position and in anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality and gaming environment
- Manages assigned operational functions within the department consistent with the strategic plan and vision for the department and division and property
- Communicates daily with Executive Chef and/or Sous Chef in charge, providing current information on large parties of expected VIPs
- Opens/closes shift, including logbook and pre-meal briefing
- Oversees all aspects of service, inventory control and labor management to operate the restaurant efficiently and cost effectively
- Reviews and completes daily payroll, controls daily labor costs
- Manages the delivery and measurement of guest service within assigned department(s) consistent with the company’s core service standards and brand attributes
- Interacts with guests frequently to ensure satisfaction and enjoyment of dining experience
- Manages dining room and kitchen activities to ensure quality production/delivery of product and service
- Interacts with guests frequently to ensure satisfaction and enjoyment of dining experience. Reacts to any guest complaints and takes any appropriate action.
- Other job related duties as requested
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
- Assistant Managers
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- At least five (5) years of management experience in a high-volume restaurant, preferably in a casino environment.
- At least five (5) years of experience in the food industry and previous experience in scheduling and staffing
- Effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
- Experience working with Culinary Union bargaining agreement
- Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid Health Card / Food Handlers Card
- Alcohol Awareness Card
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States