UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Play a critical role in rallying 325,000 employees around our mission to help people live healthier lives and to help make the health system work better for everyone. Work within UnitedHealth Group Corporate Communications in a role that includes employee communications, project management, relationship management and analysis. This individual will play a key role in executing high-impact programs and communications that advance employee engagement.
This position requires a highly motivated, self-sufficient individual who can effectively interact with a range of stakeholders, including senior executives, and quickly develop an in-depth understanding of UnitedHealth Group's initiatives, priorities, programs, and its role in the health care system. Essential qualities for success in this position include a collaborative nature, uncompromising eye for quality, exceptional writing, editing and listening skills, superior organizational and program management skills, resourcefulness, creative problem-solving and multi-tasking skills, the flexibility to effectively and quickly adapt to changing priorities and a willingness to dive in and execute on plans.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop and execute communications plans to support business goals, with a particular emphasis on supporting communications strategies on culture-oriented programs, including culture ambassadors, inclusion and diversity and employee listening programs to drive employee engagement and understanding
- Support the ongoing needs of the Human Capital team and drive effective communications on UnitedHealth Group programs to employees across the enterprise
- Identify key stakeholders to include in the needs identification process, define the audience(s) to be addressed and provide recommendations to address communications needs
- Draft, edit and distribute communications targeted to UnitedHealth Group employees, including articles, emails, executive communications, videos, presentations, speeches, digital signage, event-related communications, employee social media posts, intranet content, etc.
- Support efforts to collect, analyze and report on various internal data (qualitative and quantitative) to drive improvements and increased effectiveness (surveys, tailored metrics for tactics and channels, etc.)
- Monitor feedback on published content and identify opportunities to improve communications based on research and data
- Provide ad hoc input and support on specialized communications issues (e.g. Human Capital/employee relations issues)
- Support innovations and enhancements to employee communications, programs and platforms
- Serve as a trusted partner and work effectively with UHG Human Capital Talent, Culture and Listening leaders as well as with Optum and UHC Communications partners - adding value and driving projects to achieve goals
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree
- 6+ years of experience in:
- Communications, marketing, public relations, employee engagement, or business management
- Account management and relationship development assessing and interpreting client needs and requirements
- Presenting to groups and teams
- Content creation across multiple channels
- Experience with communications strategy and planning, particularly Human Capital communications needs
- Excellent writing and editing skills with proven track record of executing campaigns and tactics
- Experience in developing content tailored to specific audiences and channels (digital, print, social, verbal)
- Excellent project management skills including development of strategic initiatives, active management and execution
- Operate with discipline and urgency. Manage multiple projects
- Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint / Word / Excel) experience
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Experience in building and executing initiatives in a corporate setting (or in consultation with corporations)
- Knowledge and/or use of Associated Press Stylebook
- Video and digital communications experience
- Experience supporting and writing for senior and executive leadership
- Ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 7 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Communications Manager, Human Capital, Culture, Communications, Writer, Diversity & Inclusion, Marketing, Public Relations, Employee Engagement, Business Management, Account Management, Project Management, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota