The Small Business Banker is an integral part of the Consumer and Small Business Banking Team and works within the Retail Area Management team to serve the needs of the small businesses in his/her market. This position is responsible for serving existing and prospective small business relationships (business and personal banking needs) by originating loans, gathering deposits and cross-selling bank products to small business customers.
* Enthusiastically conducts prospecting and business development activities in the community to seek small business loan, deposit and banking service opportunities while maintaining World Class Service to existing Small Business Relationships.
* Builds relationships with prospects and existing customers through on-site and off-site meetings and outbound calling.
* Develops and utilizes COI network to enhance the Bank's image and reputation in the marketplace and generate new business
* Focuses solely on those customers and prospects who fit Business Lending Express Group (BLE) eligibility, generally operating companies with Gross Annual Revenues up to $5,000,000.
* Develops and maintains strong professional and referral relationships with other line of business partners to maintain a strong understanding of all products and services available to our customers.
* Interviews prospective applicants, collects and reviews application and financial data to determine the general creditworthiness of the prospect and the merits of the specific loan request.
* Act as a liaison between the Small Business underwriting and processing team(s) and the client, efficiently gathering the answers to questions and collecting any additional documentation required.
* Advises customers, where possible, concerning business management and financial matters.
* Represents the Bank, actively endorsing its products and services, making appropriate referrals as necessary and providing leadership in key community activities.
* Maintains loan and deposit portfolio of clients, manages all reaffirmations and loan renewals within the portfolio that are BLE eligible.
* Demonstrates a commitment to fair lending practices. Remains knowledgeable of all laws and regulations governing the lending activities of financial institutions. Ensures compliance with all applicable Bank policies and procedures, and all State and Federal regulations.
* Continuously updates skills by participating in professional training.
* Seeks opportunities to improve skills through training offered by the Bank.
* Performs other specifically assigned duties as directed by management.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Requires a strong sense of urgency, initiative, and drive to complete tasks correctly, with emphasis on working with and through people in the process.
* Must be able to work at a faster than average pace and able to multi-task.
* Must be a self-starter and able to work independently.
* Must be able to make sound decisions, can recognize potential problems and take corrective action.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of customer and employee information.
* Must be well-organized, accurate, and attentive to detail.
Qualifications, Education, and Certification Requirements
* Education: Bachelor's Degree in business or finance is recommended, or equivalent work experience in related field.
* Experience: 5+ years of banking and lending experience required
* Knowledge: Extensive knowledge of Bank products, services, procedures, and practices. Strong knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office. Basic knowledge of bank operating systems.
Required annual compliance training, New Employee Orientation
Must be able to effectively access and interpret information on computer screens, documents, and reports. This position requires a large amount of time in front of a computer. This can be done sitting or standing with use of the right desk.
This position is assigned to a private office but is expected to regularly work outside the office for customer meetings and community events. The position is located inside a cooled and heated facility with the ability to go to a break room or rest room during breaks.
Yes. Must be willing to travel for meetings and classes.
- Retail Banking
- Unsecured Debt
- Commercial Banking
- Loan Origination
- Mortgage Loans