Company: Early-Stage, High-Growth Technology (approximately $50MM in revenues)
Company Ownership: Private Equity
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Compensation: Market-based plus a bonus
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Location: Chicago (downtown Loop)
We are looking for a sharp, driven Staff Accountant who has a passion for technology and working with people to solve problems. We are a fast-paced, growing company with heaps of opportunities for learning.URL blocked - click to apply
- Lead all aspects of Accounts Payable function by processing and paying vendor invoices in accordance with department policies and deadlines, ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Lead all aspects of Billing/Accounts Receivable function by processing and billing customers in accordance with department policies and deadlines, ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Responsible for all collection, reconciliation and reporting related to the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions.
- Acquire and maintain vendor and customer supporting documentation including W-9 forms, sales tax exemption forms, etc.
- Manage the cash application process to ensure timely reporting of customer accounts
- Ensure active engagement with internal sales and external client to optimize cash receipts, and minimize AR aging profile and bad debt expense
- Assists in month-end close as directed by Senior Accountant and Accounting Manager, including but not limited to A/P, A/R, bank reconciliation, fixed assets, accrual, prepaid assets, general ledger management and account sheet reconciliations
- Other ad hoc projects as needed such as bank RFPs, vendor payment method optimization and Accounts Payable and Billing automation
- A bachelor's degree and 0-2 years of Accounting or related experience
- CPA a plus
- Proficient in Word and Excel (basic formulas, v-lookups, and pivot tables)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Solid knowledge of accounting terminology and practices
- Robust organizational and analytical skills
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to compare data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness and detect errors
- Ability to generate new ideas and think independently
- Demonstrated ethical behavior to maintain discretion and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive and confidential material
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce (month-end close, receivables, payables) a plus
What It Takes:
- Relentless pursuit of excellence
- Attention to detail
- Quick thinking
- Strong initiative, drive and self-direction
- Being comfortable in a fast-moving and quickly-changing environment
- Partnering with others to accomplish goals
- Strong integrity in work and in interpersonal communication
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format with compensation history to Cameron Wall at Email blocked - click to apply.
Standard Accounting Practices