The Team Lead will assist the Department Supervisor with the daily activities of the department. This position is a working Team Lead position which is still responsible for meeting specific goals as an individual contributor of the team. The lead will oversee but not limited to; Quality, Net Layout, Sewing, and other Net processes.
What you will be responsible for:
- Assist with planning, coordinating, and reviewing processes to ensure that products are manufactured and shipped in accordance with all engineering, quality, and safety standards.
- Communicate issues with products and personnel to the Department Supervisor.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and organization of the department per the defined standard.
- Drive KPIs to achieve standard targets on safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Assist on departmental projects.
- Monitor supplies (boxes, pallets, thread, etc.) and inventory.
- Ensure inventory transactions are properly recorded in the ERP system (Microsoft AX).
- Ensure scrap is captured and properly disposed.
- Communicate daily with the Department Supervisor on orders being completed or delayed.
- Promotes good safety practices and adherence to company safety policies and procedures within the department.
- Responsible for department orientation and training of full time and temporary employees.
- Attend all necessary training seminars as requested.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Drive for results.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing conditions.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Exhibit competent computer skills (Microsoft office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, ERP-AX).
- Understands manufacturing and warehouse processes.
- Ability to learn new tools, processes, and methods.
- Displays personal integrity, ethics, and trust.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures, including attendance.
- Ability to build effective teams.
- Competent in math skills.
- Ability to think independently and work autonomously.
- Focused on the customer – external and internal.
At least five years’ experience in a fast-paced manufacturing or warehouse environment, at least two years in a leadership position is preferred.
Over the course of five decades, Kinedyne has evolved from a single facility in New Jersey to an international organization with more than 500 employees at facilities in four different countries around the world. As we grew and our product lines evolved, we believed that with Better Cargo Securement – Greater Cargo Capacity – and Faster Cargo Access Technologies, we can make the increasingly complex shipping environment just a little easier for the industry to deal with today and as the future unfolds.
All of the efforts throughout our history have enabled us to provide our customers the products, service, and support that they have come to expect from us over our five decades of growth. We’ve earned our right to be called The Cargo Control People.
What We Offer:
A Comprehensive Benefits Package that includes:
Medical/Dental/Vision - with HSA (company provides yearly funding)
Individual or Family Plans are available at affordable bi-weekly rates
- Company paid long & short-term disability
- 401K with competitive company match
- PTO & Tuition reimbursement
- Company Paid Life Insurance
Microsoft Power Point