On the Rides Engineering team, we write code that ignites opportunities for millions of people every day. We’re focused on making Uber’s core ridesharing products faster, safer, and more reliable by building scalable software solutions for riders and drivers on our platform.
*About the Role* The mission of the Uber Consumer Engagement team is to create a delightful, best-in-class membership experience and platform for our users. We support business growth by crafting long term dedication in our user base. Uber’s core strategic investment in this area is the Uber Pass - a membership product that offers benefits to users across various Uber business lines such as mobility, food and grocery delivery. Our team builds high scale services that provide our members with end to end lifecycle management: from sign up, to user engagement, retention, and beyond. We're investing heavily in this best-in-class, end to end experience, continuing to grow our member base (and across multiple lines of businesses) to millions more across the globe.
*What You'll Do*
* Define and build user-centric experiences in close collaboration with designers, PMs, and mobile engineers.
* Define and build a scalable platform foundation to enable rapid product innovation and iterations.
* Define and build the tech stack to ensure high system scalability and reliability, so we can reach millions of more members.
* Identify areas of opportunity and continuously improve key business metrics like opt-in and retention rate with scalable technical solutions.
* Dive deep into multiple tech stacks across the company to build the best benefits and privileges for our members.
* Mentor other engineers and promote the best engineering practices
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
* At least two (2) years of software engineering experience
* Strong problem-solving and system design skills on both theoretical and applied levels
* Proven experience working on large-scale systems and consumer-facing products
* Proven experience with leading projects and mentoring junior engineers
* Experience with driving cross-team and multi-functional collaborations
- C Sharp (Programming Language)
- C++ (Programming Language)
- Python (Programming Language)
- C (Programming Language)
- Java (Programming Language)