To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
4510 Holland Office Park
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Hospice RN - PRN (Peninsula area)
Intrepid Healthcare Services • Virginia Beach, VA
Posted 27 days ago
If you are looking for an exciting career opportunity with a national leader of personalized health care – this is your chance to join us at Intrepid USA! We are a national company with a local perspective, and working with us, you'll find that what we do is all about what matters the most – helping patients live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Our innovative approach gives patients access to the highly experienced clinical teams and up-to-date programs you would expect from a large company and combines them with the flexible, dedicated and personalized care you may expect from a smaller company.
Due to our continued growth, we are seeking a compassionate and experienced Hospice RN to work PRN or on an 'as needed basis' who will participate in performing total care of patients; physical, psychological and spiritual. At Intrepid, we focus on the heart of the matter – providing talented healthcare professionals, giving them opportunities to follow their passion, and ultimately giving patients the best care available for home health care, hospice and private duty care. Bring your enthusiasm and compassion to help others and we’ll provide you with a nurturing caring environment that will empower and inspire you to make a difference.
As a Hospice RN you will be responsible for planning, management and provision of care as well as documentation of care, and chart maintenance to meet both regulatory and billing requirements.
Additional duties for this Hospice RN role include, but are not limited to:
- Performing comprehensive subjective and objective assessment of the patient status that includes physical, psychosocial, and environmental parameters.
- Ensuring compliance with federal/state regulations governing hospice care services by following policy and procedure consistent with agency standards.
- Formulating individualized plan of care that incorporates analysis of assessment data; modifies and updates as needed at a minimum of every two weeks on assigned patients.
- Providing skilled interventions aimed at achieving realistic outcomes within a specified time period. Interventions are performed within the nursing scope of practice.
- Assuring thorough and accurate documentation with all clinical data including but not limited to: admission through discharge, physician’s orders, skilled nursing visits and changes in conditions.
- Consistently demonstrating competency with technical nursing skills according to the legal scope of practice.
- Implements teaching specific to patient/family needs and evaluates and modifies as needed.
- Performing on-call responsibilities as directed by Agency Management.
- Performing on-site supervisory and teaching visits for the evaluation of professional and paraprofessional staff on assigned cases and provides follow-up information to the Agency Management.
We are looking for a Hospice Field RN who combine working knowledge of Hospice Care regulatory standards with a proven track record in delivering and documenting quality care in the home. You must be skilled and have the capability to cope effectively with patients, families and others while maintaining confidentiality.
Specific qualifications for this RN - PRN role include:
- Graduate of accredited RN program
- One year of hospice care experience preferred; two years experience in any clinical setting with a demonstrated ability to manage a group of patients
- Computer literate
- Current and valid RN license in the state of practice
- CHPN preferred but not required
- Current CPR certification or able to obtain within two months of hire
- Auto liability insurance per policy plus current and unrestricted driver’s license
- Ability to adhere to policies and procedures and willingness to support our mission
Join Intrepid USA – and make a real difference in the lives of our patients!