- Utilize accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
- Checks figures, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes.
- Classifies, records, and summarizes numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Debits, credits and totals accounts in computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Receives, records and banks cash, checks and vouchers.
- Complies with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Compiles statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters such as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
- Codes documents according to company procedures.
- Reconciles or notes and reports discrepancies found in records.
- Develop s detailed reports on a periodic basis for the business regarding business income, business expenses, gross taxes and other reports as needed.
- Perform payroll services as requested including preparation of payroll checks, preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual employee and employer payroll reports. Prepares payroll in accordance with local, state, and federal wage and hour laws.
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
1-3 years of previous experience in an Accounting or Bookkeeping role; prior experience with various types of accounting software preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Ability to handle confidential matters
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.