To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merrifield, VA 22119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Enterprise Operations Risk Analyst
Navy Federal Credit Union • Merrifield, VA
Posted 7 days ago
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
Support the administration of the Operational Risk Management (ORM) program at the enterprise level, including managing and improving the corporate framework used to identify, analyze, measure and monitor business risks. Drive consistent use of the ORM framework by reviewing efforts completed by the assessors, compiling risk reports at the enterprise level and monitoring progress of the mitigation plans for events classified as medium or high risks.
• Develop enterprise framework for management of operational risks including; identification, analysis, measurement, control, monitoring, and reporting
• Support and promote risk and control self-assessment (RCSA) processes to support consistency of the risk owners’ approach throughout the enterprise
• Design and develop dashboards, scorecards, and reports using appropriate metrics (e.g., key indicators, loss event data, emerging risks, control effectiveness, etc.) to support the executive team in its evaluation of enterprise risk
• Support identification and measurement of key risk indicators for the enterprise to identify emerging risks and possible impediments to achieving strategic objectives
• Provide input to the corporate risk appetite statement, business level risk appetite statements and other Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) policies and procedures
• Execute ORM framework through full cycle development, implementation and use
• Manage ERM tools (GRC system, policies, documentation, etc.) used in support of ORM, including configuration, system administration and maintenance of enterprise GRC risk management modules
• Develop relationships with team members, management, key stakeholders and/or external contacts (vendors, etc.)
• Act as ORM liaison for the business units to provide advisory services in guiding risk owners and subject matter experts through the lifecycle of operational risk assessment
• Analyze results of significant operational risk assessments
• Collaborate with business functions to develop risk profiles and thresholds
• Collaborate with peers in Regulatory Compliance and Public Policy as necessary to review operational risk assessments that represent a combined business and regulatory risk
• Monitor risk profiles and report concerns or breaches to CRO via the management team
• Monitor mitigation and remediation efforts on significant control deficiencies to ensure appropriate and/or agreed upon corrections
• Research, analyze and synthesize emerging risks and present conclusions and recommendations to the Strategy Management team (including ERM and Model Risk Management)
• Support the annual qualitative risk assessment and the Capital Planning process
• Represent ERM on various forums and committees
• Stay abreast of and support compliance with applicable federal, state and industry laws, regulations and guidelines
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, or equivalent combination of training, education and experience
• Advanced knowledge of banking/financial industry standards and practices
• Ability to comprehend, analyze, interpret, communicate and apply government and financial industry regulations related principles and practices, and company instructions, procedures and policies
• Experience in developing business scenarios and providing effective challenges to underlying assumptions
• Advanced research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Significant experience in managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
• Significant experience in working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, vendors
• Advanced skill to influence, negotiate & persuade to reach agreeable exchange & positive outcomes
• Advanced skill influencing and building consensus with business partners
• Advanced skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
• Advanced organizational, planning and time management skills
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced word processing and spreadsheet software skills
• Desired - Experience in consumer compliance at a financial institution
• Desired - Experience in operational risk assessments at a large financial institution
• Desired - Experience in a financial institution using a recognized GRC system such as Archer or MetricStream
• Desired – Master’s degree in business administration, economics, statistics, mathematics or equivalent combination of training, education and experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability