To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merced, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
EMPLOYMENT & EDUCATIONAL COORDINATOR JOB DEVELOPER
GEO Care • Merced, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Facility: RS MERCED CA DRC
Compensation Base: $17.00 Per Hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Conducts and oversees Re-Entry Center employment training and job development programs as well as General Equivalency Diploma (GED) preparation for all Re-Entry clients in need of those services. Learns, uses and models principles of the “What Works” system through evidence-based practices in all interactions with clients and other staff members.
This is a full time, 40 hours per week with benefits and PTO accrual.
The schedule for this position is :
Monday & Friday 8 AM -5 PM and - Tues/Wed/Thurs 10 AM -7 PM
Wages are $17.00 per hour
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts employment assessments and creates individual employment plans for each assigned client using principles of the “What Works” system. Documents clients’ progress in the Company database.
- Conducts on-going job preparation, job retention and life skills classes.
- Establishes and oversees job preparation and computer skills training resources. Provides appropriate referrals for clients.
- Establishes and coordinates relationships with state and private employment agencies and vocational schools.
- Arranges for client placement in vocational training in coordination with local vocational schools. Monitors client attendance and completion of training.
- Develops on-the-job support for clients who have been placed.
- Conducts individual education assessments and creates educational plans for each referred client using principles of the “What Works” system. Documents clients’ progress in the Company database.
- Establishes and oversees computer learning lab for GED preparation and remedial education.
- Provides clients with referrals for undergraduate and graduate studies.
- May facilitate psycho-educational/behavior modification groups. Documents clients’ progress in Company database.
- May manage a small caseload of Re-Entry clients using principles of the “What Works” system. Conducts risk/need assessments and creates individual treatment plans for each assigned client. Provides case management services as needed. Documents all client contact in Company database.
- Assists other Re-Entry Center staff with general operations to meet the needs of the program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Criminal Justice, Education or employment-related field required.
- Master’s Degree in Human Services, Criminal Justice, Education or employment-related field preferred.
- Appropriate state teaching certification preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with offender/minority populations in an adult educational setting using computer lab required.
- Some experience working with local area labor/employment market required.
- Effective communication skills with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to set boundaries.
- Good presentation, public speaking and facilitation skills.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good networking skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize appropriately.
- Solid computer skills and proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of local area labor/employment market and community resources.
- Bi-lingual skills (English/Spanish) may be required.