If you are a hard worker, have a great attention to detail and want to be part of a 100 Year Legacy, then Maines wants you to join our team!
This position is responsible for all aspects of customer service. Obtains payment for goods by itemizing and totaling customer's purchases.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Itemizes and totals purchases by recording prices, departments, taxable and nontaxable items; operating a cash register.
• Enters price changes by referring to price sheets and special sale bulletins.
• Discounts purchases by redeeming coupons.
• Collects payments by accepting cash, check, or charge payments from customers; making change for cash customers.
• Verifies credit acceptance by reviewing and recording driver's license number; operating credit card authorization system.
• Balances cash drawer by counting cash at beginning and end of work shift.
• Provides pricing information by answering questions.
• Maintains checkout operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Proper procedures regarding shrink and inventory controls up to and including BOB (bottom of basket) and LISA (look inside always)
• All other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must possess analytical skills and be dependable. Must be organized, detailed, and accurate. Must have strong communication skills with ability to interact professionally with internal and external customers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma, GED or related experience with a minimum of three (3) months' experience in a retail cashier role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENCES, REGISTRATIONS: None.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to frequently walk, use hands and fingers, handle objects or controls, talk and hear, stand, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If you're looking for challenge, growth, and genuine job satisfaction, then look to Maines!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Attention To Detail